7 day dead Lincoln Mark VIII

Tony Tusk

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I own 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII I purchased this car 1998, I love this car! Anyway, When I park this car for about 6-7 days to drive my Mustang, my Lincoln is dead! Brand new battery, alternator is working fine, everything and I mean everything works on this car perfectly. 3 years ago I had a aftermarket radio installed in the car. But the car would still die with the old radio, which did not work at all. I am so damn frustrated, I would greatly appreciate any idea's as to where this battery drawl might be coming from. Much obliged LVC readers!

Had bad abs in my 93 that would kill the battery. Never fixed it though, just unplugged the fuse.
So if you don't have a tester just unplug one fuse at a time

Thanks for the reply slowmkviii, I am a little confused with your comment. So your ABS brake system drains your battery while your car is NOT in use? I am curious how that happened, how many days, (when your Lincoln is not driven,) will it take to drain your battery? Which fuse panel? Under the hood or on the driver's side of the dashboard?

It would die within 2 days of sitting.
Not sure what part of the abs was bad cause I just unplugged the fuse under the hood.

Use a voltmeter to do parasitic draw test
I chased down a draw on my 97
Took me about 3 hours to find my short in my aftermarket amp.

Thanks for all of your help slowmkviii, I will perform this procedure this weekend!

Members online

Back