'67 Eldo, Love em or hate em?

O1ETC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I 've been informed there is a nice '67 Eldo here in Oregon. I am tempted to go see the car. They were sweet when they came out. My problem is,didn't they have some serious problems since they were the first front wheel drive Caddy,I believe.

What do you think of the cars? I'm interested in your comments about the cars. They are seriously beautiful,but I don't need a serious money pit either.

I will appreciate any and all of your input. Thanks.

Is this thread dead?

Actually, the transaxle was first used in the 1966 Olds Toronado and was used up to 1974? in eldos and toros. The only problem I have ever encountered with them is the governor that controls shift points gets sticky after sitting for years and has to be cleaned or replaced when that happens. The 429 engine was last used in 67 and parts are still available for it. Some parts are 67 only which can make it tough but overall stiil available. I have 2 67 eldorados and one is a parts car bought to avoid the 'money pit' scenario. Overall I like the 67 but given the choice I would go for a 68 eldo because the 472 engine has more performance parts available and the cars are nearly identical.

Members online

No members online now.
Back