5R55N Solenoid Wiring Harness

Chucks2002LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I bought a 2002 Lincoln LS V6at auction and it had/has all of the symptoms of a bad solenoid pack. Luckily my uncle has a lift and we replaced the solenoid pack, filter, and trans fluid. In doing so, I did not do the best research on how to get the solenoid out and watched a youtube video that did not state there was a bolt to be removed on harness. It said it just slipped out. Yes, I am an idiot and we really man-handled that solenoid out and in return pulled the harness through the opening. YES, I AM AN IDIOT, but I can't change what I did, I can just learn from it. The car now runs terrible, has the E code (which it did not before) and will die on occasion in gear. My theory is that I really jacked up the harness or the REFURBISHED solenoid that i got is bad. I am really leaning towards the harness being broken because we did man-handle it. After looking for a replacement online, there are some on ebay for the N, S, and W transmissions, but they say for Ranger/Explorer I believe. One website said not to use these harnesses on 2002 and older Lincoln/Jaguar models.

My ultimate question...will these harnesses be ok for my year model or do I need to try and locate one from a dealer/junkyard?

Let me add that the symptoms of the car being delayed going in gear are now gone which it previously had. On the drive home from my uncle's (after the "repair"), the car shifted terrible and rev-limited at about 4,000-4500 rpm. The next day is started dying in gear. I have not driven it since.

I don't think that any harness other than one from another LS or a T-bird is going to work. In the past (at least), people on here have had trouble with rebuilt solenoid assemblies.

Will a complete transmission harness work from a 2002 V8? There are a couple used ones on eBay. I suppose I could just snip off the solenoid harness.

Yeah, you could splice it together, if you are reasonably good at soldering.

Members online

No members online now.
Back