$500 97 Mark viii (friends) can anyone go in on it for parts/part out party?

v8only

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend has a 97 mark viii...red on I think tan interior. He's had some tranny issues, and had it rebuilt 4 times and it's still not right, on top of that he hit a curb...It may not have caused body damage (unsure) but he thinks the frame may have been bent slightly. He's replaced the damaged suspension components since that's happened and has been driving it a couple of months no problems.

Anyhow, he's fed up with the car, and it's got lots of great parts. I'm looking for a few people that may need parts and want to go in on the car with me...maybe even someone who has space to do it at their house and we can all take it apart on a sat or sun....

It's got a fresh 4.10 gearset installed, which I call dibs on. It's got full spring conversion with some new suspension components... says it's a tbird spring type setup with fully adjustable shocks for stiff/loose adjustment.It's got a rebuilt trans that's shifting really funky (keeps downshifting into third every time he lets off the gas while cruising)...NO tune since the 4.10 gears...it's also got a hi stall torque converter installed. Unsure if the trans is bad still, or just acting funky cause no tune and 4.10 gears.

engine is good, not sure if miles. Red car, I think tan interior. If memory serves me, body was straight, but interior may have been pretty used.

Anyhow, any of you out there that need parts...suspension, the trans, the engine or body/interior parts, let's get a few of us involved and part this thing out...let me know asap.

cars located so cal....inland empire area i believe. No pics

Why don't you get the car yourself? Not too many Cali Mark owners here.

I've got a mark viii already...a black/black 98 lsc...don't have room for anything else with my older projects around that I'm not willing to sell.

I talked with my buddy again....I asked him what happened in the accident......he "accidently" jumped it and got air in the car, landed and went sideways on the landing....says the bumper, fenders...messed up stuff on the front end, lol.

I'll probably go look at it this week and take pictures, but it doesn't sound like a keeper any more.

I've got a mark viii already...a black/black 98 lsc...don't have room for anything else with my older projects around that I'm not willing to sell.

I talked with my buddy again....I asked him what happened in the accident......he "accidently" jumped it and got air in the car, landed and went sideways on the landing....says the bumper, fenders...messed up stuff on the front end, lol.

I'll probably go look at it this week and take pictures, but it doesn't sound like a keeper any more.

Still have it? How many miles?

Members online

No members online now.
Back