4th gear?

Z'sLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My car wont go into 4th gear all the time. I will have it in 4th but on the dash it says 5th then maybe 10 min later it will finally shift into 4th. Sometimes it works right away. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Its a 2000 V8. I had my trans rebuilt if this helps

How long since it was rebuilt? How many miles are on the car, and how many miles are on the trans since the rebuild?

z, my car does the same thing. it's a 2000 v8. sometimes it goes and sometimes it takes a while. sometimes i get mad and bang it over into fourth and it seems to work fine:)

Mine has trouble down shifting while under load. I had a friend read the cel and it said that the 4th gear ratio was off and that a solenoid was bad. Once the codes are reset it takes awhile for them to come back, maybe 3 days of driving 25 miles a day. The engine light is on, but now the gear indicator says E. Also I have to rev the engine for about 60 seconds on a cold engine to get the tranny to shift into gear. Does anybody know if this falls in line with the valvebody/solenoid replacement. Seems like it would.

Members online

Back