4 Questions, 1 Thread (Airbags, Headlights, Noises, and Engine)

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Firstly - I'll get the current things out the way. My front bags have been inflated as much as the system will let them and won't go back down. So is there a way to manually release the air? I plan to get it to my desired height and just turn it off during winter.

Secondly - I've began to hear a creak, at first I thought it was a bushing. But it got worse and louder so I took it in to have an evaluation and 'they' said it was the upper and lower ball joints. But the estimate cost was $400 to replace it. Though I can buy it all myself for under $100 and do it alone (much like my love life). But I got confused because there's so many different ball joints - upper, lower, control arm, etc. What can I do?

Third - I bought some Innovite HID Bi-xenon headlights. They're both high and low beam in one bulb. Since the Mark has 2 different connectors for which beam - will that cause a problem and allow me to only get one beam? Are they on the..same circuit and get the hint? Or will I have to buy another - as in one HID assembly for low beam, and another for high beam?

Lastly - Here's the fun one, within a year I'll be getting a very handsome sum of money. In which I'll be putting into my car, investments, and giving some to my parents. But we'll focus on the engine - I can't decide on what to get between a supercharger, twin turbo, or a Procharger. I want to keep the displacement of 281ci, 4.6L, the same. But really I basically just want it to bolt right in. What engine will be a direct swap?

If you're reading this - you've done it. It seems like this site is dying out and I don't really expect a whole lot of attention from this post. So if you stuck with it; thank you for reading!

Firstly - I'll get the current things out the way. My front bags have been inflated as much as the system will let them and won't go back down. So is there a way to manually release the air? I plan to get it to my desired height and just turn it off during winter.

Secondly - I've began to hear a creak, at first I thought it was a bushing. But it got worse and louder so I took it in to have an evaluation and 'they' said it was the upper and lower ball joints. But the estimate cost was $400 to replace it. Though I can buy it all myself for under $100 and do it alone (much like my love life). But I got confused because there's so many different ball joints - upper, lower, control arm, etc. What can I do?

Third - I bought some Innovite HID Bi-xenon headlights. They're both high and low beam in one bulb. Since the Mark has 2 different connectors for which beam - will that cause a problem and allow me to only get one beam? Are they on the..same circuit and get the hint? Or will I have to buy another - as in one HID assembly for low beam, and another for high beam?

Lastly - Here's the fun one, within a year I'll be getting a very handsome sum of money. In which I'll be putting into my car, investments, and giving some to my parents. But we'll focus on the engine - I can't decide on what to get between a supercharger, twin turbo, or a Procharger. I want to keep the displacement of 281ci, 4.6L, the same. But really I basically just want it to bolt right in. What engine will be a direct swap?

If you're reading this - you've done it. It seems like this site is dying out and I don't really expect a whole lot of attention from this post. So if you stuck with it; thank you for reading!

1) Disconnect the air line.

2) Do all of it. This suspension is too complicated to only replace some parts but not others, you'll never get the alignment right and the other parts will fail soon anyway. Do it right with TRW / OEM parts and it'll last another 100k miles. Do it wrong and / or with cheap parts and it'll be creaking again in 15k miles.

3) The Mark VIII's headlight system is relatively unique. Separate bulbs for low beam and high beam. That's how the system was designed and to change it is a massive project. Keep it the way it is and just have your new headlights for low beam and the old bulb for the high beam

4) I have no opinion on this as I have felt this car has an amazing amount of power as is.

What year do you have? There are 3 heights, driving, driving over 55 mph, and rest, after you get out and shut the door. 100K miles, normally front end need replacement, all of it. Send your light kit back, and get the low beam HID kit for your car. It would help if we knew about your car, year, is it an LSC, mileage, etc.

What year do you have? There are 3 heights, driving, driving over 55 mph, and rest, after you get out and shut the door. 100K miles, normally front end need replacement, all of it. Send your light kit back, and get the low beam HID kit for your car. It would help if we knew about your car, year, is it an LSC, mileage, etc.

It's a 1995 Mark VIII (says LSC on the title), 169,447 miles, it's had the rear bags replaced, front bags adjusted to be a tad lower, the seats have been replaced with aftermarket bucket seats, it has a Jet Performance Module, CAI, drivers side CV axle replaced as well as ball joint, has a push button start, B&M Shift Plus kit, no AC because that **** don't work, EBC carbon-ceramic pads, EBC slotted and drilled rotors, and much more. Just can't think of it all.

So - I've narrowed the noise down to the lower passengers side ball joint. I've ordered one from AM-Autoparts for only $16 and free shipping! Got my rear bags from them as well for $110 and great quality too. But speaking of bags my front bags I have to assume are leaking, because the first night it got below 40ºF the front completely dropped. And as far as the HID's go, I bought a kit from Innovited brand and they were REALLY dim. So they're sending me a relay harness, and according to them that should make them all nice and bright. I'll also buy a pair of HID splitters so I can connect the high and low beam to one bulb. But if it doesn't work - could someone send me a link to the Mark VIII specific HID's? Though, I don't know why I waste my time updating. This site is dead, and even if someone replies to your post they abandon you after only 2 answers. Oh well, that's why I'm a member of Car Throttle.

Your negativity while asking for advice is amusing. The ultimate negative reinforcement. I may only come twice or three times a year, but I try to help and/or encourage wherever possible. I do not need daily contact to feel inclusive - I just go out and drive my car and occasionally FB a nice ride or two. The modifications you have already done indicate you have and idea of what to do with the car. Read around here and do a little research and you will find turbo as well as supercharged and five speeds and JModded autos - the gamut. Good luck with the car. ps - I am betting the noise is strut rod bushings, but I hope the ball joint fixes the trouble.

Your negativity while asking for advice is amusing. The ultimate negative reinforcement. I may only come twice or three times a year, but I try to help and/or encourage wherever possible. I do not need daily contact to feel inclusive - I just go out and drive my car and occasionally FB a nice ride or two. The modifications you have already done indicate you have and idea of what to do with the car. Read around here and do a little research and you will find turbo as well as supercharged and five speeds and JModded autos - the gamut. Good luck with the car. ps - I am betting the noise is strut rod bushings, but I hope the ball joint fixes the trouble.

My negativity, isn't negativity - it's factual. 186 views and 5 replies. I like this sight, I'm only saying this sight reaches to a very specific group of people that's getting smaller. So esponses are becoming rare to find. My modifications have nothing to do with my skill level. I'm doing all this on the pay if a lifeguard, which is not much at all. Once I receive the $38,000 I'll be getting and have many new modifications. Supension, drive train, complete exhaust system, etc - doesn't mean my skill-level has increased, for you all you know - it could be done in a shop. Though, I plan on doing it mostly myself. I do research before I post, and besides - even if I do make a similar post, who's it hurting? So please, take YOUR negativity out of here.

Read it slowly. I know fundamentals aren't stressed like they once were, but the context is obvious. Maybe your Dad should read it for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back