4.6 2v/T-45 Swap in 00' LS

Burnzie

LVC Member
Reaction score
Motor took a dump in the LS, and decided to do my dream swap.. Bought a 4.6 2v carb setup with MSD Mod box and Edelbrock 600 carb. Also picked up a t-45 trans with clutch and everything needed for swap.. Motor has 60k miles on it and carb conversion was brand new only used for testing motor. My mechanic is starting swap next week and will be finished and on the road before Christmas.. Will be adding D1SC pro charger in spring after getting some miles on motor in the car... Will get pics uploaded once I figure out how to do that. Old motor and tranny are out of the car!

You may want to do some exploring in other parts of this site. I believe there is a write-up on such a swap in the High Performance section that might give you some worthwhile information.

KS

Worded that one wrong lol... Dream engine is not a two valve 4.6 but the deal i came across with the 4.6 couldn't resist. "Dream" swap is Ive just always wanted v8 with a 5spd in the lincoln.

dream engine is a two valve 4.6?!?

Heres a pic of car before going under swap...

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

I wonder how far this one will get before we never see/hear about the final result.

Have you looked at all into the massive electronics issues? Do you want heat? A/C? Radio? ABS? Power windows? A functional airbag?

Leaving the PCM in the car, with mod 6 MSD box only have to have power and ground ran for it.. Will not have ABS or traction control, but not really worried about that.
I wonder how far this one will get before we never see/hear about the final result.

Have you looked at all into the massive electronics issues? Do you want heat? A/C? Radio? ABS? Power windows? A functional airbag?

Leaving the PCM in the car, with mod 6 MSD box only have to have power and ground ran for it.. Will not have ABS or traction control, but not really worried about that.

Nor any other electronics.

Nor any other electronics.

It will have power windows, radio, heat, power locks, etc. My mechanic is known for being very good with wiring and isn't too worried about tapping into the pcm. Only issue he may run into is with gauges and if he cannot tap into make those work, he will be doing aftermarket gauges in the dash similar to the dash gauges in LS1 swapped LS. I understand you see a lot of new guys coming around saying there just gonna do this and that.. I have been doing a lot of research for the past 2 months and just saved up the money to be able to get this project done. Money isn't the issue now and the car will start and finish within 1-3 weeks at the worst.

You won't have heat in a controlled fashion (anything other than all or nothing) if you can't fool the PCM into thinking it is connected to a running engine. The heat is locked out until the PCM says the engine has reached a high enough temperature for the heat to function.

It will have power windows, radio, heat, power locks, etc. My mechanic is known for being very good with wiring and isn't too worried about tapping into the pcm. Only issue he may run into is with gauges and if he cannot tap into make those work, he will be doing aftermarket gauges in the dash similar to the dash gauges in LS1 swapped LS. I understand you see a lot of new guys coming around saying there just gonna do this and that.. I have been doing a lot of research for the past 2 months and just saved up the money to be able to get this project done. Money isn't the issue now and the car will start and finish within 1-3 weeks at the worst.

Best of luck... IF you make it gauges, use the factory housing (and "glass") and hollow out everything else... should be able to make it look pretty factory!... you could even do a project in never got around to, by tinting the front "glass" and have all the gauges always lit... (lexus ish...)

Best of luck... IF you make it gauges, use the factory housing (and "glass") and hollow out everything else... should be able to make it look pretty factory!... you could even do a project in never got around to, by tinting the front "glass" and have all the gauges always lit... (lexus ish...)

Thank you! That is a neat idea and if having to go with the gauges, i will most definitely look into doing that.

You won't have heat in a controlled fashion (anything other than all or nothing) if you can't fool the PCM into thinking it is connected to a running engine. The heat is locked out until the PCM says the engine has reached a high enough temperature for the heat to function.

Yes, mechanic says he will be able to take coolant temperature sensor and tap into the pcm to talk to the car that it is at a high enough temperature.

If you get this done you will be the first to have ALL the electronics work as designed. The PCM isn't a generic PCM like GM. Every LS PCM is different; that's why a chip won't work.

Hope you get this done, but even the Lincoln engineers had problems with the swap they did (check out the One Lap of America LS).

I like the type of optimism that goes along with these builds and wish you luck sir. :headbang:

Members online

No members online now.
Back