3g alternator

yamaharollinhard

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have been looking for a 3g 200amp alternator and they say that it is a direct bolt on, but my stupid friend keeps saying that you need to modify the bracket or the housing to make it fit. everyonetha have gone to, they all say that the 3g 200 amp is a direct fit on the (i think) 83-91 mustang, and my car is a 88 mkVII, so it should fit right? SOMEONE HELP, i want to know for shure that i should never listen to him again.

yamaharollinhard said:
i have been looking for a 3g 200amp alternator and they say that it is a direct bolt on, but my stupid friend keeps saying that you need to modify the bracket or the housing to make it fit. everyonetha have gone to, they all say that the 3g 200 amp is a direct fit on the (i think) 83-91 mustang, and my car is a 88 mkVII, so it should fit right? SOMEONE HELP, i want to know for shure that i should never listen to him again.

A company called PA performance (or something like that) makes the only bolt in 3G conversion I have ever seen, If you use one from a Taurus/Sable/Windstar you will need to modify the upper mounting area on the alternator. Pics here: http://lsc-ss.com/lscss_site/3G_Install.html

Members online

Back