30lb injectors and MAFS

shawn_sloma

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Found a nearly new set of 30lb Bosch injectors and MAFS that someone had on a 1998 Cobra. Just wondering if this would be worth the $150 asking price and install on my 95 LSC.

Stock injectors are only 24#. If you do both I'm guessing you would need a tune to adjust for the change in A/F ratio

I figured I'd need to have it tuned but was wondering if it would be worth the investment (on a restricted budget since getting my hours cut at work) of $150. I didn't know if I would see any significant gains going 6# higher on a N/A engine. Never worked with modular platform before, only car I worked on was a 89 7up stang with 302.

+1

Won't work without a tune.

So, if I have this right we need to modify:

Injector Low Slope
Injector High Slope

Then deal with:

Injector Breakpoint
injector Offset vs Voltage
Cranking Fuel PW vs ECT

I'm sure there are other parameters that would benefit from some attention, the MAF and maybe Manifold anyway, but I believe that's what you need to do. I will soon be able to afford a Quartermaster, looking forward to it. ;)

And yes an otherwise stock motor would benefit very little.

If you needed it, it would be worth it. Unfortunately, 24lb injectors are good for around 320HP. You would need to make at least 30 more hp before getting into the danger zone.

Members online

Back