3000k HID's on fogs & LED License Plate Lights

fonsito

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is my LS-V8 with the 3k HIDs on the LSE fogs and some custom LED Bulb panels on the License Plate Lights.

n502065098_5101886_5020.jpg

n502065098_5101887_5315.jpg

n502065098_5101888_5615.jpg

n502065098_5101889_5910.jpg

n502065098_5101911_8001.jpg

n502065098_5101912_8258.jpg

n502065098_5102421_9240.jpg

Enjoy!!

That looks sick.

I wish you could have gotten some better exposure on that third pic, that would have been a damn nice one.

Sweet! Where did you find those LED license plate lights? I've looked but I haven't seen an LED bulb offered for them... Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.:(

me likey

In that third pic it looks like your emblem is glowing :)

Sweet! Where did you find those LED license plate lights? I've looked but I haven't seen an LED bulb offered for them... Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.:(

:D No, you haven't used the search function enough....j/k its a common topic one that I think even I am sick of seeing:shifty:

Use the Polarg hyper white bulbs. They look the exact same and dont cause that dimming issue.

Fonsito, do you have more than 6000K's in the low beams or is it just the camera not filtering enough blue out?

Owlman, I was on a Subaru forum once when I was about to get a 2.5 RS and I seen some kind of cool DIY's to make the emblem glow exactly like that. Its a big thing with Subaru buffs from what I gathered.

:D No, you haven't used the search function enough....j/k its a common topic one that I think even I am sick of seeing:shifty:

Use the Polarg hyper white bulbs. They look the exact same and dont cause that dimming issue.

You got a part number?

Nevermind... These are them right here right?

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Polarg-113909.htm

Okay now, anybody know where I can find them cheaper?

Wow, I never seen those actually.

Its these ones....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polarg-194-168-Wedge-Light-Bulb-B1-Hybrid-White-JDM-M4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33717QQihZ025QQitemZ380089614882QQrefidZstoreQQtcZphoto

A bunch of people on HID planet recommended them to me.

The whole thing is that hey aren't LEDS but look exact and eradicate any of those dimming headaches.

Wow, I never seen those actually.

Its these ones....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polarg-194-168-Wedge-Light-Bulb-B1-Hybrid-White-JDM-M4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33717QQihZ025QQitemZ380089614882QQrefidZstoreQQtcZphoto

A bunch of people on HID planet recommended them to me.

The whole thing is that hey aren't LEDS but look exact and eradicate any of those dimming headaches.

i had some of those blue coated ones, they are not that great. good with a good quality one from Ken or superbrightleds.com like you mentioned

i had some of those blue coated ones, they are not that great. good with a good quality one from Ken or superbrightleds.com like you mentioned

So the LED lights from LSkoncepts or Superbrightleds.com don't have that dimming problem people keep referring too?

So the LED lights from LSkoncepts or Superbrightleds.com don't have that dimming problem people keep referring too?
They do.

Rick, I have seen some different brands with the blue tint. Are you referring to the Polargs?

They really do look exactly like LED and quite the number of people recommend them on HID planet in numbers of threads.

What are you referring to as "dimming" on the LED's? The only thing that comes to mind is if your car is not set up for LED's then they will dim when turned off if there isn't a resistor between the bulb and switch. LED's are not suppose to dim over time like regular bulbs.

Another bit of information. The company that I buy the HID kits and LED bulbs from is a Japanese based company. They have been informing me that by 2012 all new Japanese cars in Japan must use LED bulbs in the headlights. This may be a trend that comes our way. However, I thought it was an interesting tidbit on how LED's are becoming the norm.

What I'm referring to is the LED staying lit but dim.

What are you referring to as "dimming" on the LED's? The only thing that comes to mind is if your car is not set up for LED's then they will dim when turned off if there isn't a resistor between the bulb and switch. LED's are not suppose to dim over time like regular bulbs.

I believe that's what they mean, Ken. The license plate LEDs that I got from ya do that. The two that I actually did on the interior don't, though. They work as they should. Weird, but I don't care. Once I lock the car, I'm in the house and can't see them dimly lit any more. :D

I believe that's what they mean, Ken. The license plate LEDs that I got from ya do that. The two that I actually did on the interior don't, though. They work as they should. Weird, but I don't care. Once I lock the car, I'm in the house and can't see them dimly lit any more. :D

+1 it doesnt bother me either, its worth it for the much better look

True but I personally don't see the point in using a resistor for a small 194 bulb. Then it comes down to matching them with the interiors in which I would suggest. Personally I think it looks off otherwise and helps keep it appear like as if it were stock. When I got the LEDs for the interior and tag lights at random some would stay on and some would not.

I also have issues right now with something draining power and I know LEDs wont do that but Im not sure if they will all add up and in my case in the back of my mind I still have that thought.

Turn signals and tail lights are reasonable.

Those Polargz-I will say again look exactly like LED. Im not trying to change peoples minds but Im just letting those know that there is an exact alternative:) .

Members online

No members online now.
Back