3.58 rear end swap (took out the 3.31)

02V8Sport said:
I was for better fuel economy. With the 03+ having 280HP VVT motors they were able to get better fuel economy out of them. A 02 with mods will beat a 03+ I run my friends 04 Sport with an intake all the time and he couldnt beat me with my 3.31 I had. With a 3.58 in my car now he will get whooped even worse.
Yeah that and the Throttle-by-wire response sucks. I have driven three 03+ cars and they all have crappy Throttle responce. Heck the one v8 car seemed so slow to respond that I wondered if my 02 v6 couldn't take it in a 1/8 mile contest.

But I have a question for you, did you do anything internally to the 3.58 or is it still and open diff?

Also are you interested in selling your 3.31 rear? I trying to prototype a torsen diff with 3.73 ratio for the LS and still need a 'good' case.

JES LS I will be selling my 3.31's when I get the new 3.58's hopefully this week...that is IF "02V8SPORT" doesn't have his anymore....didn't mean to Jack the thread "02V8SPORT". JES LS PM me with an offer if your interested, my 02 LSE has just under 40k miles on it.

Its ok, I have my 3.31 for sale if anyone is interested, just make an offer. If anyone tries to do this on their own, just make sure you buy new side seals and new axle bolts before you begin. The axles have 4 seperate, very skinny nuts that strip when you go to tighten them back on, from the factory. I think the dealer sells the replacement as a single, big bolt. The rest is cake.

Members online

Back