3.0 Gen 1 Cooling Parts List?

natsoj2

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been looking all over this site and have read and re-read the cooling threads over and over and only seem to see the ones regarding the 3.8 V8's.

Is there a comparable link somewhere regarding the cooling system parts for the V6 engines? I apologize if it's out there but I promise I've looked for it.

Car info: 2002 Lincoln LSE, 3.0, Manual (Former member of LLSOC with my name on the OLOA sponsers poster, lol)

I have been looking all over this site and have read and re-read the cooling threads over and over and only seem to see the ones regarding the 3.8 V8's.

Is there a comparable link somewhere regarding the cooling system parts for the V6 engines? I apologize if it's out there but I promise I've looked for it.

Car info: 2002 Lincoln LSE, 3.0, Manual (Former member of LLSOC with my name on the OLOA sponsers poster, lol)
3.9 V8

Have you checked out Tasca Ford Parts site? Rockauto? You can always check out if the Euro Brand has some rubber hoses instead of plastic ...good luck...most of the Engineers on the Forum own 3.9 V8 so it’s not really in there interest to post about the 3.0 but I believe the 3.0 S-Type Jaguar has similarities...at least research it to see

Have you checked out Tasca Ford Parts site? Rockauto? You can always check out if the Euro Brand has some rubber hoses instead of plastic ...good luck...most of the Engineers on the Forum own 3.9 V8 so it’s not really in there interest to post about the 3.0 but I believe the 3.0 S-Type Jaguar has similarities...at least research it to see

Thanks, I've already bought the DCCV, Thermostat, Thermostat housing (metal), upper radiator hose, hydraulic pump actuator... all Motorcraft (none installed). I replaced the degas bottle about a year ago, Dorman on that one. I've checked Rock Auto but will take a look at Tasca. Thanks again.

Bad choice...

If I've learned nothing else by wading through all the cooling issue threads of the V8's it's that a non OEM degas bottle is a bad idea. Thanks for the clarification though. I'm acquiring OEM parts and that one will be part of the changes as well.

You do know that the Jaguar and the Ford bottles are the same. Both manufactured by URO.

You do know that the Jaguar and the Ford bottles are the same. Both manufactured by URO.

I do know a lot of parts are the same between the Jaguar S and Lincoln LS, but I searched Jaguar and the picture didn't look quite like the LS degas bottle. Knowing the picture may not have been the actual piece sometimes, I just decided at this point it would be safer just to find the best price I could on the Ford bottle. Thanks for the help though.

Thanks, I've already bought the DCCV, Thermostat, Thermostat housing (metal), upper radiator hose, hydraulic pump actuator... all Motorcraft (none installed). I replaced the degas bottle about a year ago, Dorman on that one. I've checked Rock Auto but will take a look at Tasca. Thanks again.

What else do you need? There used to be a kit from Ford with the hoses, thermostat and housing, and all clamps, but it sounds like you may have everything that is likely to need servicing, since there are not a lot of plastic parts in the 3.0 cooling system. Do you have the hoses that go to the thermostat? I bought the URO upper radiator hose with the bleed port and throttle body hose fitting on Rockauto a few years ago and it was pretty legit for short money...unlike that hydraulic cooling fan actuator, which I bought from Ford 2 years ago at $211 and rising on a net discount purchase. That was pretty awfully priced.

What else do you need? There used to be a kit from Ford with the hoses, thermostat and housing, and all clamps, but it sounds like you may have everything that is likely to need servicing, since there are not a lot of plastic parts in the 3.0 cooling system. Do you have the hoses that go to the thermostat? I bought the URO upper radiator hose with the bleed port and throttle body hose fitting on Rockauto a few years ago and it was pretty legit for short money...unlike that hydraulic cooling fan actuator, which I bought from Ford 2 years ago at $211 and rising on a net discount purchase. That was pretty awfully priced.

I have that hose already and was lucky enough to find most of the other parts online, new from people just selling them. All Motorcraft parts. Other than rubber hoses I'm thinking I'm pretty good to go and will be doing this in the next few weeks most likely. I can't remember all the prices at the moment but most everything I bought was well under what it was through Ford, or Rock Auto for example.

Thanks for letting me know I've pretty much got what I need. I couldn't really see much else that looked like it was missing from what I have.

Well, sorry it's taken so long but all went well with replacing most of my cooling parts (2002 LSE V6 Manual). Here are some pictures of the parts I replaced, all are Motorcraft and I was able to buy almost all of them as new old stock on Ebay for the most part, at far under list rice. It did take a while to acquire everything but was worth the savings.

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg
image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Back