2wo Tone 1irst Gen Tail Lights

TarzansLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Im Looking For Some 2wo Tone 1irst Gen Tail Lights aka McLaren Tail Lights
Someone Please Direct Me In The Right Direction.

They stopped making them I believe.

I want to say they came out of the plant in Brazil?

Good idea...IMO...the all red looks more fitting, it just seems to "flow" better. ALso, around here...most LS's I've seen have the two tone...so it's just played out IMO.

Good idea...IMO...the all red looks more fitting, it just seems to "flow" better. ALso, around here...most LS's I've seen have the two tone...so it's just played out IMO.
Unusual, there were more Gen 1's sold with the solid red and 80+% of what I see on the road both back in Ohio and here in Tennessee are Gen 1's. I just dislike being able to see the bulbs in the clear sections.

Yeah, I think that guy talking about seeing the two-tone ones is looking at gen 2's.

I just dislike being able to see the bulbs in the clear sections.

Here is the cure for that! I have those in both '06's and the bulbs look just like the picture. They disappear in the housing, front and rear.

i had a set of silverstars that where chrome when off, but they looked kinda greenish when lit. pulled them and have been LED ever since

Re:...

Theres actually a good number of both 1st & 2nd gens around here, but again...the whole being able to see the bulbs is what I don't like....it's like, why mess with a clean one color lens when you don't have to?!

+1 @ CTX-SLPR

I like it simple on the outside...and save the crazy stuff for under the hood. ;) BTW, Loud... what type of system are you running? PS-GO BLUE!

Never thought of putting those in the rears! I have them in the fronts for a while now.

They good in the front. After seeing them in yo0ur car at E-town I got some for mine. I have silverstars in the back. I was curious how the chrome ones would look in the rears but am to lazy to switch them to find out.

... BTW, Loud... what type of system are you running? PS-GO BLUE!

AVIC F900bt headunit with Ipod and XM
Alpine Type R componets (x2) powered by Kicker SX600.2 (x2)
Kicker 15" L7 (x2) powered by a Kicker SX1250.1

hopefully our blue will go better this year

Members online

Back