2nd Gen Sunroof Drain Tube

briasmit91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a little bit of an issue. My car started dripping in water from the headliner and A pillar. I've pulled my headliner down a bit to check and see if the tube was disconnected, and it's connected properly. I've poured a bit of water on the sunroof tray and it just sits there and doesn't go anywhere. This is making me believe that the tube is clogged. So I went and bought some 18 gauge, coated wire and started fishing it through the drain in the roof. I was able to push the wire in about 3' to 4' in and it would stop. My plan is to try to push the wire in through the opposite end of the tube. I'm not sure if the wire stopped because of a joint or something. My question is, does anybody know where the tube drains to? Is it under the car? Any specific whereabouts? I've attempted to pull the black trim off by the rocker panels and I couldn't get it off. Or is there a better way to clean this? I've tried to looking this up. Please help! Thanks!

I used an air compressor, but due to the angle the drain hole is in the sunroof drain pan, I unhooked the drain tube and hooked the compressor up directly to the tube. it drains somewhere in the back of the front wheel well area.

I used an air compressor, but due to the angle the drain hole is in the sunroof drain pan, I unhooked the drain tube and hooked the compressor up directly to the tube. it drains somewhere in the back of the front wheel well area.

Im having the same issue. Tubes were connected. Ran some "weed eater" type line down the front drain tubes and it stopped about where the "A
' pilar and hood all come together. Also tried the air blowing straight to tube but it did not blow free or clear out. Does anyone know where the tube exits and how to get access to it? Thanks

that was the first thing I wanted to try after I couldn't get a proper seal on the sun roof drain pan, but while I could see where a little water was trickling down, I never could find the end spout.

I'm pretty sure it trickles out between the pinch welds under the rocker panels. If you pull the plastic trim piece off by the footwell you can see the drain tube through the little holes.

7b5ab52ea5f7b16bee77db7520638a20.jpg

Take this piece off and you can see the drain tube through the holes.

I'm sorry, but did you screenshot a picture taken with and edited with your phone?

Why not just save the image and post that?

when ever you pull the pen out, it pulls up a floating menu, the "write on screen" option saves a screen shot and then lets you write on the image before it saves it.

however I would snap the picture, view it, then start the process which wouldn't show any of the camera icons... but I can see a case where it could happen.

Alright, this one gets a pass. When people screenshot eBay listings and say "anyone ever tried this" instead of using the link? Not so much.

I guess it's just me

maybe they want opinions but they are afraid of somebody swooping in to steal the deal cause its so good!!!! lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back