2nd Gen Mark and Snap-On Mt2500 Scan Tool

Grifter

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone gotten these 2 items to cooperate?
when i hook mine up, i punch in the vin letters its lookign for, and it asks me if its a Mustang, i say no, i cant to anything, i say yes, i can pull codes and watch sensors, but i cannot run any diagnostic tests.. it never detects lincoln, instead it comes up as ford car..
I am running the 1998 Domestic cartridge, and 1999 Domestic ABS troubleshooter. The car is a 1997, so it SHOULD be recognized

anyone with insight?

Grifter said:
has anyone gotten these 2 items to cooperate?
when i hook mine up, i punch in the vin letters its lookign for, and it asks me if its a Mustang, i say no, i cant to anything, i say yes, i can pull codes and watch sensors, but i cannot run any diagnostic tests.. it never detects lincoln, instead it comes up as ford car..
I am running the 1998 Domestic cartridge, and 1999 Domestic ABS troubleshooter. The car is a 1997, so it SHOULD be recognized

anyone with insight?

You sure your entering the proper sequence of VIN entries like 10th then the 8th then 2nd etc? It should work fine.

Is it true that you have to use one of these to bleed the brakes? Or maybe I did not understand it correctly?

ONEBADMK8 said:
You sure your entering the proper sequence of VIN entries like 10th then the 8th then 2nd etc? It should work fine.

question, any idea what thos scanners/dianostic scanners go for?, would like to get one for home use,instead of going out to check and get some b.s story...lol which had happend :rolleyes: ,i had to get 2 other opinions then finding out at the end of it all that a dumb fuse burnt:rolleyes: ,i found it kinda amusing that these guyz would b.s you to spend unnessisary $$$ on something that didnt exist.:mad: :confused:
if i can get my hands on one ...lol, i hope they come with a book on how to use.;)

you only need it to bleed the brakes if you open the line before the abs modual (i cant spell), if its been opened between the mod. and the calipers it should be ok to bleed normally

correct. thats why i needed the scan tool.. i cracked a line between the master cylinder and ABS pump..

Dominus, for a regular bleed, you dont need the scan tool.

Goddess, i have around $800 into mine already.. It has come in handy on more than one vehicle though. as long as you have all the right cartridges.. If you want something that just pulls codes, check out the ones that go for ~$80 at parts stores.. It doesnt do any tests, all it does is pull codes..

Since we are on the subject, I have been researching the difference between scan tools and lap top scan programs. I am looking for some experienced opinions on which suits the needs of a shade tree mechanic, which has rebuilt several old trucks and this Mark VIII being the first electronic controlled "build up". Short quips of opinions to longwinded dissertations welcome. PM me if this forum doesn’t work (not to be a thread jacker!). This type of info would make a great thread on its own.

Members online

No members online now.
Back