2799??

upnorthLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, maybe someone can give me some ideas. About a week ago I changed the dccv because I was getting straight hot in all settings. I did a continuety test and sure enough, one side was dead. After changing the valve, it didn't work at first but the next day was working fine. Yesterday I drove to another town, about an hour and it worked fine. Later when I was on my way home it wasn't working again. straight hot. Now today, I go uptown and it's working again. Frustrating and confusing, it's a 2004, v8 about 70,000 miles. Last week when it started working, I cleared all the codes and now the 2799 shows again.... any ideas? thanks!

It's probably the electrical connector to the DCCV. First make sure that it is snapped all the way in. If it is, then try cleaning the connector contacts with some electrical contact cleaner spray. If they look too corroded to clean or are damaged, the connector will have to be replaced.

Thanks joegr, I'll double check both connectors by the rad. They appeared to be spotless when I had it apart and I'm sure they both clicked when I put it back together but I will check them again. Is doing the ohm test a proper way to test for continuety or do you acually need to have the numbers ie.. 10-28 ohms? Also, where is the datc located ( hopefully it''s not this but...). Do you think I should apply dielectric grease to the connections or is that a no no? thanks again...

Thanks joegr, I'll double check both connectors by the rad. They appeared to be spotless when I had it apart and I'm sure they both clicked when I put it back together but I will check them again. Is doing the ohm test a proper way to test for continuety or do you acually need to have the numbers ie.. 10-28 ohms? Also, where is the datc located ( hopefully it''s not this but...). Do you think I should apply dielectric grease to the connections or is that a no no? thanks again...

I would check the actual resistance.
The DATC is the thing with the temperature display and the climate buttons. Can't miss it.
Dielectric grease shouldn't hurt. It wouldn't really help right now either. You would use it to prevent corrosion later.

okay, thanks. I thought the datc was a module located in the dash somewhere. I guess I'll check the connectors and let you know what I find. I also noticed a strange noise the other day, when the car was warming up it had a weird pulsating sound. The upper rad house was pulsating like the thermostat was stiking. It would pressure up and release, it was a faint sound but if you put your hand around the house you could feel it...strange. I will rebleed the system today and see if that helps but I am not having any heat issues and it seems to be working properly. another mystery with the ls...lol

Yep, that's trapped air. You need to follow the bleed procedure step by step exactly to get it all out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back