255/45's on stock rims who's runnin' them

LLSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have stock 06 rims I need new tires and found a really good deal on a set of Michelin Pilots HXMXM4 but there 255/45's..Will they work on the stock rims or a will they be too wide? Any issues w/ rubbing? If your runnin' them please post a pic up..

besides the fact that they may be a bit bigger than the wheel, they shouldn't rub. I run 245/45's without even a bit of issue. its not even close.

Width should be fine. Your overall diameter from a 235/50 to a 255/45 will actually decrease. Instead of the diameter being 26.25", your overall diameter with the 255/45 will be 26.04"

here is my 245

IMAGE_136.gif

IMAGE_137.gif

I've read about quite a few people running them but haven't seen any pics. I don't want anything that is gonna look that far off from the 235's, I know they will be wider I just don't want bad buldging sidewalls.. but 100 bucks for a set of michelins w/ less than 2k on them it's hard to pass em' up. I will tho if it'll look bad

Outkast- thanks for the pics, the 45's look good

craigh thanks for posting, do you have any better pics of the wheels? how do the sidewalls look it's kinda hard to tell in that pic.

Thanks Pete! I would have had to take pictures which means I would have had to clean the car, which means I would have had to turn the ourside water faucets on since it is spring again here, and I would have had to find my wash bucket . . . . .

You saved me some time man!

Members online

No members online now.
Back