235/55/17...???

jdbwood

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever used this tire size on there stock wheels. i need new tires and i know the stock size is 235/50/17 but i wanted to go a size bigger to 235/55/17 to make the overall tire size bigger. cuz i have eibach springs on my car and the front end bottoms out ALOT when i go over speed bumps or into stores driveway.. its been dirving me crazy. i know biger tires raises the car a bit more so if anyone has used this size let me know

Try taking the bumps/speed bumps at an angle.... I have the CM springs which drop a full half-inch more than the Eibachs and I have no problems with rubbing or bottoming out.

Might be that your front Struts/Shocks are dead.

Check that first, since only bout $55 a piece

On average, a 235/55-17 tire is 27.17" in diameter, compared to a 235/50-17 tire with is 26.25" in diameter. So you will gain almost an 1/2" in ride height, but your speedo will also be off about 3.5%. At 60mph your speedo will be showing 58mph.

I may be wrong,but I seriously doubt you are bottoming out due to the springs. I have the same springs with 20's no rubbing at all. neways I bet you are experincing the bad/worn out sway bar bushings. do a search on it and see if u have all the symptoms. I heard a clunking noise over speed bumps and high curbs, replaced my bushings and all is quiet again.....

Just a suggestion though.

yea the ride feels pretty rough i feel and hear almost ever little and big bump when i drive with the radio off. when i go over a speed bump, once the front wheels make it over the bump the front sub frame scrapes on the speed bump. and that sounds drives me crazy. idk if i should just replace all shocks/struts and get all new tires 235/55/17 hopefully this will resolve this problem. if i cant fix it i will be sellin the eibach springs

Members online

No members online now.
Back