21" Rims

BBoyd

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know many people have gone with 20 inch rims on the LS, and it looks really nice. I'm sure 22s would be too big and look wierd, but I was wondering has anyone done 21s? Or can it be done? I just want to out-do a buddy of mine with a maxima on 20s.

Stay under 19'' anything bigger will take away from the sophisticated styling that the car has and makes it look too ghetto. The LS is meant to be luxurious and high class but due to the high depreciation rate just about anybody can buy one and that brings about awful customization. Now don't get me wrong I'm from "the hood" but if you want to put 21'' Rims on something buy an escalade the LS is not the car for it.

what????? if you can fit 21's and they look good and your happy go for it. I had a post of an ls with 22's me personally I thought it was a little much but to each their own.

2k2ls said:
what????? if you can fit 21's and they look good and your happy go for it. I had a post of an ls with 22's me personally I thought it was a little much but to each their own.

Nah seriously man I'm not trying to be elitest or whatever it's just the truth. It defeats the purpose of having the car when you do that. It's about sophistication, elegance, and professionalism that's what the styling and price says so why ruin all of that by putting some huge rims on it? I'm all for doing what you want but there's some things you have to warn people about first.

I have actually been looking for some 20" i dont think i would go any bigger, I have 18" on my civic and it handles so much better with the aftermarket setup..... I dont know if I would go with anything any bigger then 20's it could cost you a lot of money in the long run, with wear wheel camber etc...

Kamikaze said:
Nah seriously man I'm not trying to be elitest or whatever it's just the truth. It defeats the purpose of having the car when you do that. It's about sophistication, elegance, and professionalism that's what the styling and price says so why ruin all of that by putting some huge rims on it? I'm all for doing what you want but there's some things you have to warn people about first.

Yea well thats your opinion. Some people just have different ideas of what the boundaries of luxury, and professionalism are... I am going for a certain look, its not about being "ghetto," Its about individuality. I want my car to stand out from the other thousands of LS's out there.

I appreciate the input, but I still need to know if anyone out there has done it or if anyone knows if it can be done (21" rims).

Thanks

understood. Me personally tho. something about big body rides big rims and and large sound makes me smile like a little school girl

2k2ls said:
understood. Me personally tho. something about big body rides big rims and and large sound makes me smile like a little school girl
:I

I've actually been lookin for about a week for some 20"s but man there are so many, and every one i see i like better then the last... We have this place by my house where they actually sell rim insurance, Cause of the wonderful Michigan roads.... its like an extra 80 bucks for a yr and they'' warranty your rim.. I'm trying to stay under 2 grand. I'm not worried about tires, I have the hookup on tires... if you come across any site let me know Tom_mullins23@yahoo.com greatly appreciated.. and let me know if what 21's you decide to get...

Motts said:
I've actually been lookin for about a week for some 20"s but man there are so many, and every one i see i like better then the last... We have this place by my house where they actually sell rim insurance, Cause of the wonderful Michigan roads.... its like an extra 80 bucks for a yr and they'' warranty your rim.. I'm trying to stay under 2 grand. I'm not worried about tires, I have the hookup on tires... if you come across any site let me know Tom_mullins23@yahoo.com greatly appreciated.. and let me know if what 21's you decide to get...

http://www.thewheelconnection.com/customrims/Driv-wheels.php
I was thinking of getting the 20" driv dons, but like you said, every new one I see I like better than the last. I haven't been able to find any 21's that I like, but hopefully I can find someone with them on a LS so I can see what they look like.

there was a silver ls for sale by my house at a used dealership with some 22" spinner rims it was so amazing looking and he had the silver to black fade tint

me oersonally i was gonna buy some 20s cause i love the look and ive had them on my old car. but then i realized that the ls already looks really good, and this car is about the performance and handling also, so im thinking im going with 19 or even 18. just for the fact of handling. this car i think would ride like :q:q:q:q sith 20s

Yea, man there is so much that you can do to these cars to personalize them. It all depends on what you like. That rim insurance thing sounds like a great idea. I will have to look into that. I've already scratched my stock rims trying to parallel park. :slam

itsnotmydaddys said:
me oersonally i was gonna buy some 20s cause i love the look and ive had them on my old car. but then i realized that the ls already looks really good, and this car is about the performance and handling also, so im thinking im going with 19 or even 18. just for the fact of handling. this car i think would ride like :q:q:q:q sith 20s

Hmmm, thats a good point...

i saw 2 cars with 21s on cardomain months back and cant find them any more. Some people like 18s some people like 20s, it doesn't really matter, do what you want. But i think that on the 21s i read they had to removed the wheel well gard. and they also had to mess with the suspension a lot. 20s people get rub problems, i have never had that problem. 19 seems to be the ideal safe bet but its not the biggest possible. The thing i hate about the LS is the FWD offset, big rims don't look all that great with FWD offsets. But i went big and love it, ride is a little bumpier but it handles better on corners. Sorry for destroying the "sophistication, elegance, and professionalism" of a luxery sport sedan because i felt like adding a little extra bling. I have never had anyone tell me they absolutely hated the wheels although some people have their opinions.

i have 20's on my black ls, and they fit just right, the ride is about the same, I'm going withthe powerslots and ceramic brake pads for an upgrade. The cost you might have to think about, not so much the rims but the tires. I paid $1650.00 for rims and tires. Tire size 255/35/20. on an 8.5 wide rim. I love the way it looks with the chrome on the bumpers and the trenz billet grill. i know the tires for 19's are about $210 for the cheapest and I don't think 21's would be any cheaper, they are an odd size. So you may want to think about that before going into the purchase. One other thing my Ls is classy and sophisicated as any other Ls, plus it doesn't look like the other 50 Ls's around here. Not to start a pissing contest with anyone. Just my 2 cents worth.

22's on LS

here's one on 22's......asanti wheelshttp://http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/508428

508428_59.jpg

508428_63_full.jpg

Motts said:
I have actually been looking for some 20" i dont think i would go any bigger, I have 18" on my civic and it handles so much better with the aftermarket setup..... I dont know if I would go with anything any bigger then 20's it could cost you a lot of money in the long run, with wear wheel camber etc...
i got some 20s if ur interested PM me and ill tell u more

Go with 20's, ill post a pic of my LS this wek and trust me it looks tight as hell, dont hate on people riding with twinkies! Dont worry about the ride quality, it is absolutley the same, you feel a little bit stifness in the stearing but thats all. been riding 20's for 3 years now! Riding Twenty Inches Strong all day Baby!

Angelo :L

TheLinkLS8 said:
Go with 20's, ill post a pic of my LS this wek and trust me it looks tight as hell, dont hate on people riding with twinkies! Dont worry about the ride quality, it is absolutley the same, you feel a little bit stifness in the stearing but thats all. been riding 20's for 3 years now! Riding Twenty Inches Strong all day Baby!

Angelo :L

Yea, I think I will go with 20's. How much wheel well gap do you still have with your 20's? And what size tires did you go with?

Boy, I sure don't see thousands of LS's in San Diego! I hardly ever see one. Do you guys know how much money good 19, 20, or 21 inch tires cost!!!! If you still want a car that handles good, you'll also have to modify the suspension. The only thing they are good for is the "Bling-bling" effect!

I have 22x10"(Rubberband Tires) Chrome(5"LIP) Rims on my LS, but since Kamikaze says that anything over 19" look ghetto, i'm thinking of going with some 13" alloys. I figure the smaller I go, the less ghetto I will look. I want to be ride luxurious, high class, and be sophisticated like Kamikaze. I gonna sell my 2700 rims and buy some 13" alloys(50 Bucks at local mexican tire shop).(Don't want to chance going chrome because chrome is made in the Ghetto)

Members online

No members online now.
Back