20's on the Lincoln.. Few Questions..

Torx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
im thinking about getting a set of black 20's to go on the LS, but i wanna hear from you guys that are running 20's... Whats the optimal size of wheel, offset, and tire size thats good for daily driving. Sizes that dont throw off the odometer or any other sensitive sensors.

I'd like a nice deep dish look as well, any recommendations??

I know you "performance heads" are going to be aggravated by my decision, take it easy on me :p

225/35/20 or 235/35/20 is a great tire for no rub. but most have 245/35/20, but i have 245/35/20 and i get some rub. maybe its because i have the wrong offset. because these wheels came off a chrysler concorde that i previously owned. and just had the bolt pattern redrilled. so that could be my problem. but 20''s IMO ride smoother than the stock wheels.

Keep your rim to 20x8.5 and go with a 245/35. That's what I run but some run the 225 or 235. The reason I say go with the 245 because the tires are wider and give you a little more rim protection around the lip of the rim. Now here's something that i've learned. All 245/35 tires are not the same. What I mean by that is the tires vary in thickness depending on the manufacturer. I've seen this with my own eyes. For example, when I had my old rims on I had Hankook Ventus k104 tires. They were ok but had a relatively small side wall. Now when I bought my new rims, I decided to go with the Nitto 555 Extremes because I had seen them on a friends car. These tires are a hell of lot thicker and quieter than the Hankooks. My car wheel well looks fuller and it's not even lowered. Just my experience and two cents. I hope this helps you some.

^^i like the look of yours, and im interested in some rims like yours too..
what model and brand are those?

ooh ooh i have some rims for you....my lease is up in october and i need to get rid of them....20x8.5 zinik Z12 with BFgoodrich KDW 245/35/20...they ve never rubbed even with 2 fat dudes in the back and a trunk full of camping gear. They re 42 offset....2 of the tires are brand new...the other 2 have about 20K on them.....

I have 20" Jag wheels that are 20x8.5 49mm offset and 245/35 tires with 0 rubbing being lowered 1.75" as well. On a 8.5" wheel you want a 46mm offset or higher to make sure you do not rub.

With my experience of having many different sets of wheels here are my offset recommendations for a no rubbing formula.

7.5" 35mm 245 width
8" 42mm 245 width
8.5" 49mm 245 width
9.5" 60mm 285 width

n817255533_124014_2757.jpg

n817255533_930979_1290.jpg

I have 20" Jag wheels that are 20x8.5 49mm offset and 245/35 tires with 0 rubbing being lowered 1.75" as well. On a 8.5" wheel you want a 46mm offset or higher to make sure you do not rub.

With my experience of having many different sets of wheels here are my offset recommendations for a no rubbing formula.

7.5" 35mm 245 width
8" 42mm 245 width
8.5" 49mm 245 width
9.5" 60mm 285 width

Just to add to this list, my wheels are 19x8.5, 46mm offset with 245 width tires and no rubbing at all.

I was a bit conservative with the numbers for the people with the 1.75" lowering springs. Those wheels look hot on your LS Tommy!

i have 20 inch rox fossils 20 x 8.5 with a 40 offset and 245 35 falcon tires its a good fit and looks great

I'm in the same boat as you Torx. I've been looking for new Rims and Tire's. Fortunatly I didnt know much about tire size's and offset's so this is educational for me. I've been looking for a good deal on rim's and tire package's but it seems tuff. Any idea's?

20 Inches

I have these 20inch wheels from Boss Motor Sports. I also have Yokohama S-Drive Tires (222/35/20) They are awsome. On tires I suggesst road hazard becuase of how thin the tire is.

LSE Small Pic.jpg

I have 20's with 245/35/20 and do not rub with a system in the trunk and people in the back seats. Good Luck on your pick.

CIMG0026.jpg

stinky.jpg

Wakafbaby, wheels are hot! Love the white on white look. What kind of wheels are those?

For those in the know, I'm looking to put a set of 20's on my car in the summer. I've got Eibach springs on my '02 LSE. I'm trying to get the wheels to sit a bit more flush than the typical sunken in, narrow wheel look. Not quite "VIP style" but more of an aggressive fitment. Any ideas or comments in the way of wheel sizes and offsets? Where do we see rubbing when going lower offsets? Is it simply most don't want to roll their fenders, or do we encounter other clearance issues with the suspension setup in these cars?

I have a set of 20x7.5 +45's with 245/35 in the front, and 275/30 in the back. I never rubbed. Now I've lowered her a bunch with intrax springs (1.75 I believe) and i can rub if i am really bouncing the car over some good bumps! I drove from Ontario to NH and didn't bottom out or rub anywhere. I was driving tonight and found a little frost heave type hill followed by a little dip and she rubbed the wheels on the wheel well. But I also had 5 adults in the car.

Last edited:
I just got my 20x8.5 with 245/35 Falken452's gonna install them in about a week ill post pics and tell you if it rubs i think the offset was about 45mm

Members online

Back