20s cracked/chipped my fender.

Jhain85

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I put 20s on my LS a week ago for the first time. I'd heard from some people that it would fit and some it wouldn't. Well it actually doesn't scrape to bad but I didn't notice til I waxed it that the right front fender is straight up chipped like a good 3 inches along the edge. I don't want to take them off but I also don't want to have to do any modifications to make them fit better. I was thinking I'd just get chrome fender trim to cover it and hope it doesn't happen again. The cars black, I don't know if it would look stupid or not. Anyone have them? Even better, does anyone have pictures of them on? Or at the least any opinions?

What is your offset?? Your wheels must be stickin out, or you must have 255/35/20 tires or you must have driven uncareful. If your offset is ok (40+), it shouldn't happen unless you drove in somewhere very fast. Is it your paint chipped or just the fender's inner lip came kind of out?? You can get flyers and carfully with a towel bend the lip back in.

there was a member here that had a video of his audio set-up and he had the chrome fenders and it didn't look bad at all. maybe other members can find that post because i can't remember what the title of the post was

they are hideous in my opinion. if you decide to do this, be sure to fix the chipped part of the fender or else when you decide to take the chrome trim off it will be all rusted away back there.

+2 on hideous.

When you go with a 20 inch wheel on a car that wasn't designed for such a radical (plus 4 from stock non sport size) diamater, certain issues will crop up.

Some of them def look good though. But Im old, so function over look is my priority now. Was reversed when I was in my 20's. :)

they are hideous in my opinion. if you decide to do this, be sure to fix the chipped part of the fender or else when you decide to take the chrome trim off it will be all rusted away back there.

Front fenders are aluminum, no rust.

i'm getting my fenders rolled today as i've had the same problem. it was bound to happen since i put 22's on it, but i did find some good helper springs to give my ls enough lift for it not to scrape anymore. adding bigger wheels on the ls wasn't meant to happen therefore, you're bound to run into some issues, so you gotta pay-to-play.

What I would honestly love to know is how the hell did it crack the fender instead of just bending it a bit?:confused: Its a aluminum fender and a rubber tire.

PS: those fender trims look like a fist full of A$$HOLES!

O, somewhere I got lost and thought he said he got new ones. I think that was in a similar thread I was reading..

Sorry!

x 84 chrome trim unless you're running 13" spokes, chrome door edge guard on all the edges and curb feelers!

x 84 chrome trim unless you're running 13" spokes, chrome door edge guard on all the edges and curb feelers!

Off topic, but I saw one of the greatest cars IMO ever to be made done like that. It was a 94 ( FD3 type ) RX-7, Red, and every edge on the car including the sunroof, hood, windshield etc....etc. had that gay chrome trim on it. It was going for around 9,500$. IMO I would have gave the guy 10k if he would have gotten rid of it all.

That stuff looks like sht!

I would like to see the chrome fender lips and then also a carriage top, full continental grille and trunk conversion (you know, the rounded off "spare tire in the trunk" look). Also the Gucci interior and Pep Boys chrome curb feelers would be good. Then top it off with some Japannese writing decals!!!!

Oh and I forgot the huge wing and fart can exhaust. Better call Greddy...

You forgot the Neon Shift light, the LED valve stems, the Iron cross bumper grille mesh, and the mirror tint ( resembles chrome so it would match perfect! ).

Members online

Back