2010 Lincoln MKZ Security Access Code Location?

mrprofit

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a used 2010 Lincoln MKZ w/ 33500 miles. Having difficulty finding the 5 digit security access code. Any ideas where it might be?

like the 5 digit code you use to unlock the doors and such?
if so, they don't put the numbers on the car with a sticker anymore.
sometimes its in the owners manual on a piece of paper or something, but if not, i think its going to need to be taken to the dealer. they can read the box and get the code for you.

The dealer might charge you for it.

The code is normally on a card (should look like a business card IIRC, that's in the pouch where you find the owner's manual).

I would try going back to the dealer and getting it for free, as you just bought the car.

Thanks, Chris.

like the 5 digit code you use to unlock the doors and such?
if so, they don't put the numbers on the car with a sticker anymore.
sometimes its in the owners manual on a piece of paper or something, but if not, i think its going to need to be taken to the dealer. they can read the box and get the code for you.
Manual said the code is on a removable sticker on one of the IKT [programmed ignition key], and recommends the owner remove it and put a safe place, as the inside cover of the Owner's Guide. Previous owner apparently didn't do this. Will check w/ the dealer this morning. Again, Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back