2008 GT 500KR with BUG GUTS

rubberducky700

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this is the # 3 Civilian Owned KR in the World and only one in Nebraska. Good story that goes along with the car. A husbands tribute to his Wife who was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer. Shelby and Ford upped the Build date and release so this family could have it in time.. I couldn't find the News link but when I do ill post it. Picked it up on the 14th of June and on July 17th he had 3900 Miles on it. Saw it this weekend at a car show parked on the street and took these now that I have my Camera. Enjoy. Thats what him and his wife and family want. As he told me. "He didn't buy it to store it and watch it collect dust. he bought it to drive and enjoy." So please do that and keep them and his wife in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks

Sean

And yes along with bug splatter, that chunk of carbon fiber is missing. The snake is also a 1967 68 ford sales pitch for shelby Automotive. he purchased it from the dealership that has had since new. Kinda cool

KR 4 small.jpg

kr 5 small.jpg

kr 6 small.jpg

kr 9 small.jpg

kr 8 small.jpg

KR broken Carbon Fiber small.jpg

KR bug Splatter small.jpg

The KR 2 small.jpg

The KR small.jpg

Nice ride. I know of another guy that has the same setup, minus the broken cf splitter. Well, the guy I've spoken to has his running "the 605hp blower." I've talked to him on another site I frequent. He said this particular owner burned his bridges with shelby, so they aren't helping him to replace it. they told him it would be an 8 month wait.

wow, that sounds like a crappy deal. I think I would be just a bit pissed off. Spend 80Grandish and get told to :q:q:q:q off and wait in line. I though this stuff only was to corvette owners.

haha... guess not. Like I said though, it's not just shelby being asses about it. There was something on this guy's side that burned the bridge with shelby.

On another note, beautiful ride! I'd love to take it for a test drive!

Oh, and I'd love to detail the damn thing too, so it looks presentable :D

as for the hood scoop i dont believe it has a significant purpose. I dont remember when I looked at the local car show and cruise. the rear vents are functional though. Yeah he said he bought it to drive and deffinatly does. about 6 k in two months.

Thats not the only one in nebraska Im sitting 10 feet from a black kr on our showroom floor the scoop if not fuctional.

Members online

No members online now.
Back