2008 Cadillac STS review

torres

New LVC Member
Reaction score
"With overall dimensions slightly increased, the new STS conveys more of the design flair that has become a Cadillac signature. Up front, the dual-textured, multi-faceted grille first seen on the Sixteen concept and incorporated on both the Escalade and soon-to-be-launched 2008 CTS, has been adapted to the STS, giving the luxury performance sedan a more sophisticated appearance. Vertically stacked headlamps with large, dual 70mm projector lenses are encased in an ..."

Here's a new review on the 2008 Cadillac STS, from TopSpeed. It includes info on design, performance and technology. Available is also a picture gallery with the sedan.

2008_Cadillac_STS_6_7w.jpg

2008_Cadillac_STS_4-2_cw.jpg

2008_Cadillac_STS_1-2_1w.jpg

Read it all here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadillac/cadillac-sts-ar30808.html

We looked at the STS back in 2006 to replace my wife's Mark VIII. We drove the car and it was nice. Good performance and a good ride. The back seat area is small, but considering she was in a Mark VIII, it was bigger, but still small for a 4 door car. Once we got down to it with the dealer and the order form, there were problems.

The only way to get options we wanted was to take junk (like low-fi bozo speakers) that we didn't want. Add it all up, the total was north of sixty grand! That's a pretty steep walk north for a car with a forty grand base. I may be crazy, but I'm not paying over sixty for a forty car.

She ended up with the Jaguar Vanden Plas. Lots of power. Quieter ride, stiff aluminum body and structure. Very roomy passenger compartment, front and back. Decent sounding Alpine audio gear and Sirius radio; can't wait to see the new Jag with Bowers & Wilkins speakers -- real hi-fi! It's seventy grand, but there are no cheap versions rolling around, either. It's seventy grand because that's what it is, a seventy grand car.

Best regards,
Frank

Members online

No members online now.
Back