2006 The Lincoln Mark VII Club Breakfasts

2006 September 10, Manchester, CT Breakfast Cruise!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

The next Breakfast meet will be:

September 10, 2006

10:00AM to 12:00NOON

htb_logo70x23.jpg

Hometown Buffet
Melville Plaza
165 Slater Street
Manchester, CT 06040

coordinator: Nick "ND4SPDLSC"

2006 September 16 Wilkes-Barre Breakfast Cruise Update!

The Lincoln Mark VII Club
Breakfast Cruise and
Junk Yard Run

September 16, 2006
9:00AM to 12:00NOON

East End Shopping Center
ocb_logo71x93.jpg

Old Country Buffet
26 Heinz Drive
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-6968

coordinator: Jeff "LSCinPA" Hine

September 16, 2006
12:00NOON - until needed
Harry's U Pull It
1010 Winters Avenue
West Hazeltown, PA 18201

2006 September 16 Wilkes-Barre, PA Breakfast Cruise!

"It was a great beautiful sunny day with 4 marks and a cougar. We started at the old country buffet at 9am ate and talked till noon left to go over my garage and talk and work on some cars til 5pm, it was another successfull meet. Thanks go out to John, Joe, Rob, and Tim thanks again for coming out see you guys soon."

In attendance was:
Robert "EightLives" Brossman 1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
Rosalie "Rosalie" Chismar 1991 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
Timothy "OmniPresent" Crisden 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
John "OldSchool" Dancy 1984 Lincoln Mark VII
Jeff "LSCinPA" Hine 1986 Cougar
Rachel "Rachel" Hine
Joe "JoeyChrome" Mazzone

The next Breakfast Cruise will be:

September 23, 2006
9:00AM-12:00PM
ocb_logo71x93.jpg

Old Country Buffet
Walpole Mall
90 Providence Highway
East Walpole, MA 02032

coordinator: Dawnne "LSCPrincess"

2006 October 29 Glendale, CA Lunch Cruise!

First Southern California Lincoln Mark VII Club Meet. October 29, 2006
Cruise15.jpg

Today, the The Lincoln Mark VII Club held it's first west coast event. It was held in Glendale, Ca., just 10 miles nortneast of Los Angeles, at Bob's Big Boy, a restaraunt well known for hot rod, custom car and motorcycle meets for over 40 years.

Cruise10-1.jpg

Bob's Manager, (in costume.... kinda has that Rod Stewart look goin' on), pledged to help us in any way he could and was a funny guy anyway!

The meet was held at 1:00 pm and the turnout was small but sucessful for an event held on such short notice. Tha manager was most hospitable and tells us that events like this take a while to catch on but usually gain momentum rapidly.

In attendance were:
1987brent
Mrs. 1987brent
Junkyardkat
and myself, artbaileyjr

1987brent & Mrs. 1987., brought their beautiful light blue (yep, you guseesd it) 1987 LSC. Junkyardkat drove her white 1991 LSC and I arrived in my dark blue 1987 LSC.
Cruise3.jpg

Cruise8.jpg

Tee shirts with the club logo were handed out as well as a CD containing the songs, "Hot Rod Lincoln" (Charlie Daniels version), "Loretta Lynn's Lincoln", "Crazy 'bout a Mercury" ( OK!... not too darn many songs out there about Lincolns! I had to pinch hit!), and the original Commander Cody and the lost planet airmen's version of "Hot Rod Lincoln", to listen to on the drive home.
Cruise18.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. 1987brent are delightful people and enthusiastic about their Mark and the Club.

We chatted at the cars for 40 minutes or so then went inside and had a great lunch. We all felt as though we had met long lost friends, and were sorry to adjourn at about 4:45.
Cruise11.jpg

left to right: Mrs. 1987brent, 1987brent, artbaileyjr, junkyardkat.

We did not set a formal date for the next meeting, but agreed on a monthly Meet & Greet. I will post the date as soon as I can figure out how to avoid the important upcoming holliday dates.

I think that the club has forged a firm core out here to truly spread the membership coast to coast.

Thanks for everybody's support.
Art

Black87LSC said:
What happened to the Manchester meet??? I showed up just to see a clean black VII leaving :(
The coordinator ran into some unavoidable obstacles and will have a statement for you shortly.

"The best laid schemes of mice and men ging aft agley." – Robert Burns

The meet did not go quite as planned and I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have been there at 10 and may have left. I was regretfully late leaving CT, having forgotten some club materials. While I made it to Manchester around 10:30, circling to navigate around the closed, main street to get to the restaurant dragged that out much further. The Veteran's Day parade had closed one of the main thoroughfares down. This made getting on to the one way street on which the restaurant was located very interesting. You needed to cut across the closed street to get to the restaurant. Unable to do this, traffic was diverted around the closed portion. By the time I reached the restaurant it was around 11 or just after 11 AM.

Unable to get any closer to the restaurant, I parked and walked down Lowell Street. I did see NH member Dick Boone heading up the street in his instantly recognizable black LSC with crystal clear lights as I was walking down. He deserves much credit for having gotten to that part of the street with the main road closed. I certainly never figured out how to do it. Having failed to get his attention waving, I thought he was just looking for the restaurant or parking. I was hoping he'd see my car as he drove further up, but no dice. Unfortunately, I never saw him again. I asked a waitress if anyone had come in looking for the Mark VII Club, but she said no. A check of the area around the restaurants for Lincolns also turned up nothing.

Waiting in the restaurant until perhaps 12:10 or so, I decided that perhaps people had gathered at the NEL meet a couple miles away. This was also not quite true as I was the first attendee until Vitas showed up an hour or two later in his '60s Continental convertible.

I have heard from one person that he mixed up the day of the meet. So, it looks like the perfect combination of mistakes and poor timing conspired against all of us.

While an unsuccessful first meet, it will not be our last in the Granite State. I think it did offer us some lessons in terms of future event organization that will be helpful. These include making an available number to reach the coordinator, an easy way to identify club members, and a readily accessible location at the time of the meet. It was unfortunate that we were so close and missed each other, but there will be more meets in the near future and they will be better.

No big deal, there will be other meets :D ... I got sick of driving around the roadblocks, and actually drove down the one-way alleyway next to the diner the wrong way LOL

P.S. Glad to hear everything is ok

Black87LSC said:
No big deal, there will be other meets :D ... I got sick of driving around the roadblocks, and actually drove down the one-way alleyway next to the diner the wrong way LOL

P.S. Glad to hear everything is ok

I should have did that and shaved a good 20 minutes off my looping. :D

I guess everything was off just enough that day to make a difference.

2006 November 18, Carney, MD Breakfast Cruise

Maryland Breakfast Cruise
Saturday November 18, 2006

Old Country Buffet
2033 E Joppa Rd, Carney, MD 21234-2837
coordinator: Rick "OneWayStreet"

In attendance was:
John "OldSchool" Dancy 1990 Lincoln Mark VII
Fred "FreMar68" Dudley 1992 Lincoln Mark VII
Rick "OneWayStreet" Eckenrode 1990 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE
Lynette "Mrs.OldSchool" Hendershot 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
Karl "Cougars2Go" McEvoy 1978 Lincoln Continental Limousine by Stageway