2006 Overheating even after new parts.

Are you referring to the plastic pipes that go into the heads, or the one that goes down into the block?

he is describing the one that goes to the block...

Attached to your thermostat housing is the coolant outlet pipe.. and attached to That is the pipe intake which I thought was all just one piece .. but it's not.

thermostat housing > coolant outlet pipe (part that goes to heads) > "pipe intake" aka 9N499 (is the center part in behind that goes to the block)

Oh And I actually didn't see the post about just cutting the 3 bolts and replacing them with shorter ones (brilliant)... Until AFTER I started to disassemble the intake manifold.. And one of my bolts broke leaving a nice nub ln my engine block (insert gif smashing her head against a wall) there is no extractor on earth that can remove it. Titanium Diamond Tip.. broken .. about 10 drill bits polverized. I'm about to take it to a shop now to just drill it out for me.

Is there any way around removing the head to get this drilled? Someone please tell me yes.... (Insert praying begging gif)

Btw the broken bolt is the one closest to the firewall on drivers side. The others cracked right open.

...Is there any way around removing the head to get this drilled? ...

Are you talking about the bolts that hold the water outlet pipe on?
Why/how would removing either of the two heads help with this? Are you talking about the intake manifold instead (a very much different thing)? It is very easy to remove and re-install. Easier than all this stuff about cutting bolts down.

no removing the heads wont help you get the block out of the car to have that broken bolt extracted...

your options are to remove the intake (if you haven't already) so that you can drill it out of the block.

or remove the entire engine so that you can have the block drilled out.

hell you may be able to find someone who will drill it out for you while the engine is still in the car...

hmmm, a bunch of sh!tty options and none of them sound fun...

Well I got my radiator yesterday, and I have tomorrow set aside for the install. Removing the fan and old radiator will give me a chance to inspect all hoses thoroughly also.

if I can build and install a supercharged motor for my Crown Vic with my 2 bare hands by myself, I think I can manage a radiator on my LS. Lol :p

Not yet. Worked OT yesterday and today, and tomorrow I will be out of town. Ill update this thread when I get it in.

Hey Drac, did you ever figure out what was going on with you overheating issues? I just picked up a '06 and it's doing the same thing even after all new plastic parts and hoses.

Members online

Back