2006 LS8 "Stuck" on Max Heat

bschmeec

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
My 2006 Lincoln LS8 only blows max heat air. Even if I turn on the A/C and set the temp at 60 degrees, it blows max hot air as if I have the heat set at 90. A few years back, I had a Mercury Grand Marquis that did the same thing and I had to replace the actuator. Fortunately there were a lot of tips and vids on how to do that on a Grand Marquis as the job was awful.
1. Is this also an actuator issue on my LS?
2. If it is an actuator, does it involve tearing out the dash like on a Grand Marquis, or can I get to it by removing the glove box or something?
Like I said, there are a lot of vids on how to fix for a Marquis, but I can't find much on an LS.
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This is a somewhat common problem. Do a little searching, and you will find lots of threads on it.

1. No. The LS has no air temperature blend door.
2. No. You DCCV has failed. That's under the hood at the right side of the radiator (right as though you were seated in the car). Item 4 below. AKA heater control valve.

1645560621394.png

Do not go aftermarket on this part. Aftermarket DCCVs usually only work for a few months at best.

Note that when you refill the coolant, it is very important that you follow the procedure below to the letter. Also note that it works best if the front of the car is pointed down hill. It won't work if the front is pointed up hill (the way that most cars are done).

Thank you!!!! I'm so happy I don't have to remove the dash.
I think that may be the ONLY coolant-related item I have not yet replaced on this thing.
Don't worry, I have learned my lesson and ONLY replace with Motorcraft parts.
Is this what I'm looking for?
Amazon product ASIN B000C5HZ9WThanks again.

Yes, that should be it.
I always thought it was ridiculous how people complained about the DCCV. It was clear they never dealt with the blend actuator on a panther.

OK, I replaced DCCV with a genuine Motorcraft part and bled the system as advised.
Turned on the A/C and it's still blowing max heat.
Sure this POS doesn't have an actuator? Frustration mounting....

Yes, I'm 100% sure. Apparently you have a wiring fault, or a DATC fault. Did you run the troubleshooting procedure that I linked in post #2 above? It would definitely establish where that problem is.

I'll try that next. Thanks for all your help. I'm sure the DCCV I replaced was the original, so I guess I'll have to chalk that up to maintenance.

Check it out. I think I found the problem. Thanks for all your joegr. Like I said earlier, it didn't hurt at all to replace the DCCV as I'm sure the one I took out was the original.

Fuse.png

The fuse was probably blown due to a short in your original DCCV.
Or the aux pump. I got an aftermarket one before i knew better, kept blowing my fuse. Need motorcraft.

Members online

No members online now.
Back