2006 LS Windshield Washer ?

LS 2006

LVC Member
Reaction score
The windshield washer does not spray fluid onto the windshield -- fluid was out -- refilled -- will not spray fluid. Your advice please.:confused:

Mine was like that at first with not spraying. Refilled it the next day and it worked fine when it was warmer out. After I refilled it I had to hold the spray button for at least 5 to 10 seconds before it pumped again.
But since has not worked everytime, probably due to the cold weather. You might have a small leak in the container, or like everyone says your pump could be burned up.

have you ran over anything in the front pass side, a racoon caused mine to stop working, the funny part is the little F*cker must have grabbed on and took the pump with him, because it was nowhere to be found. a new pump and a little epoxy for the container fixed the problem

a racoon caused mine to stop working, the funny part is the little F*cker must have grabbed on and took the pump with him, because it was nowhere to be found.
:bowrofl: It's a good thing I wasn't taking a drink when I read that. I had this mental image of a little 'coon paw reaching up and grabbing the pump...

A possibility...

I just had a problem where my washer stopped working and even after I refilled the reservoir it said low fluid the next day and still didn't work. And the tank was empty again. The pump worked by no spray, hmmm.

Check the passenger side of the engine bay just above the engine against the firewall. On a V8 there should be two thick black bundles of wires(looks like accordian) or hoses and one maybe 1/4 inch rubber hose. The rubber hose goes into a black plastic connector that is about 2 inches long and maybe 1/2 diameter. There is a plug from the reservoir to this and then from there to the windshield sprayers up under the cowling, easily visible if you stick your head in there.

Just plug any loose hose back into the "connector" and refill. This fix is free and takes maybe 5 seconds to diagnose and fix. My favorite kind of fix. Won't cost you anything to check.

Otherwise like the other guys said, frozen fluid, leaky tank, bad pump, broken hose blown fuse, clogged sprayers etc.

Good luck,

Jim Henderson

Would this also be the case if the spray was only coming from one side? In my case the spray will not come out of the passenger's side.

Would this also be the case if the spray was only coming from one side? In my case the spray will not come out of the passenger's side.

Your passenger side nozzle is clogged. The fluid has to run past it to get to the driver's side.

Members online

Back