2006 LS quality questions.

87 Buick

New LVC Member
Reaction score
A dealer in Phoenix has offered me a new LS for $25,300 or approx $15,000 off of any remaining LS. The price is good but more concerned about quality. Not buying for speed but just a comfortable rear wheel drive american car.

Are the transmissions an issue? Or any other quirks?

Thanks

There are few minor problems that accure usually during the factory warranty, other than that, great car.

I don't think that it is possible to buy a better new car for that price.

Get it.

87 Buick said:
A dealer in Phoenix has offered me a new LS for $25,300 or approx $15,000 off of any remaining LS. The price is good but more concerned about quality. Not buying for speed but just a comfortable rear wheel drive american car.

Are the transmissions an issue? Or any other quirks?

Thanks

Had mine since December and 8K miles. It just keeps getting better. The 2006 is the best LS made! And the deals are screaming!! The LS is cheaper than a Honda Accord or a Camry!

I've had my 2006 LS since February, and its fantastic. No squeaks or rattles anywhere. And the transmission is as smooth as silk with no problems.

I just replaced my '04 V8 with a brand new '06, and I have to say that it has addressed all of the little issues that bugged me on the '04. It is a noticeably better car.

SoonerLS said:
I just replaced my '04 V8 with a brand new '06, and I have to say that it has addressed all of the little issues that bugged me on the '04. It is a noticeably better car.
What are the said issues? Arent the '06 the same as an '05 with new bumper covers?

'06 does seem different...

I have to agree with SoonerLS on this one. I just traded my '04 V8 Ultimate for an '06 Sport Elite, and the difference is noticeable. Maybe it's just the "newness" of the car, but it seems to ride and handle better. The transmission doesn't seem as quirky/harsh. The engine even seems to sound better. And I'm biased, but I love the front fascia changes and the monochrome paint scheme.

Regardless of the year, you can't beat an LS. This is my third one (after being a loyal 5-series driver), and they offer a great balance of looks, comfort, features, performance, and price.

Fla02LS said:
What are the said issues? Arent the '06 the same as an '05 with new bumper covers?
I can't address the differences between the '05 and '06, but my '06 is a marked improvement over my '04. The two things that spring immediately to mind are that the steering wheel on the '06 does not block the top of the speedo when I'm in a comfortable driving position, and the tranny is signifcantly smoother. It also seems quieter.

I've had mine since September with almost 4,000 miles... it's pretty decent, no problems yet. 25 seems like a good deal, even if it is a base model. Just don't tell people you paid 25, or they'll laugh at you. :) Enjoy the car!

lexmarkz00 said:
I've had mine since September with almost 4,000 miles... it's pretty decent, no problems yet. 25 seems like a good deal, even if it is a base model. Just don't tell people you paid 25, or they'll laugh at you. :) Enjoy the car!

why would they laugh at him, abvously peaple will realize that he got a good deal, especially the ones that just got accords and camry's and then they realize they could of gotten a LS for the same price

Members online

No members online now.
Back