2006 LS photos?

Lowell

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here seen what the new '06 LS is going to look like? Everywhere I go, Lincoln is only showing off new pics of the Zephyr. As soon as I learned that the Zephyr was front-wheel drive with a V6, I lost all interest in it. I have a 2000 LS Sport with a V8 and have been waiting for the new body design before purchasing a new one. Someone please show me a new LS! Doesn't Lincoln realize how close they are to having the perfect luxury/sport car?

:W to :V :Beer here are some pics i found of the 2006 LS.

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_dashboard_10_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_dashboard_11_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_dashboard_12_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_dashboard_13_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_2_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_3_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_4_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_5_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_6_346x270.jpg

lincoln_ls_v8sport_2006_exterior_8_346x270.jpg

wow you mean you get a free umbrella with the car? wow lincoln is actually giving out something for free....lol

i think they did that with the diamond aniversy of the continental in 96 also Man

That's what I was afraid of -- 6 years in a row without any moderate or major changes to the body. I don't think that Lincoln should do what Honda does with their Accord (each year, the car looks completely different), but at least they should do some nice subtle changes. The front of the LS has never been updated in the 6 years it has existed! My fear is that if I buy an '06, it will be the '07 that gets the refreshing new lines.... kinda like when I bought a Mac G3 and the G4 came out three months later.
Nonetheless, thanks for the pics, guys.

i agree but what i think they realy need is to advertise more not change there care

Pepperman's interior photo postings are correct, but the exterior shots are wrong.

The 2006 model has a front air dam with integrated round foglights, side skirts and rear valance, much like the 2004-2005 LSE. The rear license surround and front grille are body-color, except for the louvers in the grille, which are chrome. The wheels are a 5-spoke design available in brushed aluminum or chrome. The only engine is the 3.9L V8 -- the V6 is gone. My dealer had a couple on the lot, as well as the 2006 brochures. Looks neat, I'll probably get one when the lease on my 2003 is up.

ToddG said:
Pepperman's interior photo postings are correct, but the exterior shots are wrong.

The 2006 model has a front air dam with integrated round foglights, side skirts and rear valance, much like the 2004-2005 LSE. The rear license surround and front grille are body-color, except for the louvers in the grille, which are chrome. The wheels are a 5-spoke design available in brushed aluminum or chrome. The only engine is the 3.9L V8 -- the V6 is gone. My dealer had a couple on the lot, as well as the 2006 brochures. Looks neat, I'll probably get one when the lease on my 2003 is up.
That's what i found when i did a search for the pics.

Lowell said:
That's what I was afraid of -- 6 years in a row without any moderate or major changes to the body. My fear is that if I buy an '06, it will be the '07 that gets the refreshing new lines.

You don't have to worry about that happening because there will never be a 2007 LS. This is the last year for the car. The sales were never at the level that they expected and sales have declined by 24% in the past two years.

yes i think they sold about 40% of the prouction cars man that bad
there problem is advertising they dont do it as in lincolnc dose not adervites anything but the navigator man

the 06 just has a different front bumper looks like the LSE and some ugly wheels, i just prepped 2 today lol, I can take some pics at work 2morrow if my camera cooporates.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
wow you mean you get a free umbrella with the car? wow lincoln is actually giving out something for free....lol
You know how they talk about trunks being big enough for 18 golf bags? That's there to show you that the trunk of the new LS is big enough for a golf umbrella.
:D

KenRosier said:
You don't have to worry about that happening because there will never be a 2007 LS. This is the last year for the car. The sales were never at the level that they expected and sales have declined by 24% in the past two years.

Due to no advertising, a lack of changes to styling etc and well a dated power train are what killed this car. I liked the LS and thought it was a good competator to the CTS. Unless lincoln has just given up and wants to sell full size sedans SUV's and the ugly commuter car zephyr then by all means commit brand suicide.

Does anyone know what its replacement will be? Has anyone e-mailed lincoln and started a protest? It worked for the stang and evidently the camaro

SSTUD said:
Due to no advertising, a lack of changes to styling etc and well a dated power train are what killed this car. I liked the LS and thought it was a good competator to the CTS. Unless lincoln has just given up and wants to sell full size sedans SUV's and the ugly commuter car zephyr then by all means commit brand suicide.
One well-informed analysis stated that the LS was doomed the moment they killed the European sales plan; US-only sales would never provide for cost-effective production at Wixom.

Whether it's correct or not, I don't know, but the source of the analysis is in a position to know, and I trust his judgement on this.

SSTUD said:
Has anyone e-mailed lincoln and started a protest? It worked for the stang and evidently the camaro
It hasn't worked for the Camaro yet; don't count those chickens 'til they're in the showroom.

As for the LS, there's no chance; its tombstone is carved. Ford reportedly wants to kill Wixom, and the LS numbers are far too small to have much impact.

And it's time. Remember, the DEW-98 platform was developed almost ten years ago, and things have progressed significantly since its inception. There are some flaws inherent in the design (ie, unfixable), so it's time to take the knowledge garnered and apply it to new solutions.

Members online

No members online now.
Back