2006 LS EVAP Purge Vent Solenoid Question?

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 LINCOLN LS V8 OEM ~ FUEL VAPOR CANISTER PURGE VALVE ~ PART # 3W43-9G683-AD | eBay
I just bought this early this morning ...still chasi g a P0455 code ...CEL came back on this weekend ... thought the new gas cap fixed it but I guess not ...I wouldn't have bought the fuel vapor canister purge valve but I needed the hose that is connected to it ...the hose connected to the valve is a discontinued part so I'm very happy to have found this on ebay ...now to my question ...I tried using my ohm/volt meter to test the voltage for the valve connector...should this connector be pushing out 12-Volts? When I test it the highest reading I was able to get was 09.0 on the 200 Volt setting...can someone please explain/teach me what module is controlling this Valve? Thanks

The PCM drives that valve.
Why not use the 20 volt range?
I don't know if 9 volts is enough, but it probably is. It is also possible that the valve is PWM controlled and is only opened as much as the PCM wants, instead of fully open or fully closed only.

The PCM drives that valve.
Why not use the 20 volt range?
I don't know if 9 volts is enough, but it probably is. It is also possible that the valve is PWM controlled and is only opened as much as the PCM wants, instead of fully open or fully closed only.
I was kinda thinking the same thing ...thanks for the response

Members online

No members online now.
Back