2006 Lincoln LS HELLLLPPP

jdmcl40

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to bleed my 2006 Lincoln after having replaced the thermostat and all the plastic housings that go with it. When you press on the gas it sounds like an old 4 barrel carb. kicking into over drive and now the fan runs most of the time when it didn't. Gauge never shows over middle but when I pushed it a little the other day during its growling phase it started to overheat. Is this because I have air in the system? Also loses a lot of power when it does this but the air does not turn off. NOW for the big problem. While bleeding the system last night I dropped the screw that goes in the bleed port and it disappeared into the black hole that is a Lincoln engine compartment and no where have I been able to find one on line with out buying a full reservoir set up and I don't need that plus I don't want to pay 180 dollars for a plastic screw. Anyone with any idea? help is appreciated

I have a 2005 after replacing an engine and trying everything I found that u do need to bleed the system yes very important and I did not by the way need a new engine I found that on the degas bottle if our cars are similar u need to check there are two small holes on the degas bottle one is for bleeding air from the system mine was plugged as for the screw I have no idea I am not a mechanic I just know that I read up on this car so much and never knew something as small as this could cause me to be out of a car for so long

i finally located the screw to replace the bleeder line from a junk yard. Still having a lotof the same problems and on bleed number 6 of the system. this is crazy

Members online

No members online now.
Back