2006 Lincoln LS aux question

rcvxl14

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm buying a aux input adapter for my 2006 LS with factory nav. After a lot of searching i figured out I need the FRD03 AUX/S adapter. I found this on ebay and was wondering if this one was the one i need, since its not made directly by pie as they have been bought out. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271566351439

Hey guys, I'm buying a aux input adapter for my 2006 LS with factory nav. After a lot of searching i figured out I need the FRD03 AUX/S adapter. I found this on ebay and was wondering if this one was the one i need, since its not made directly by pie as they have been bought out. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271566351439

IMHO, it will work with the regular radio but not the THX/NAV. I would contact the seller and verify fitment with them.

edit:
I just read this......

Not compatible with factory navigation system

IMHO, it will work with the regular radio but not the THX/NAV. I would contact the seller and verify fitment with them.

edit:
I just read this......
Oops, i didn't even see that lol. Well good news is I just found the exact same adapter that xford experienced success with in his 06 LS w/ factory nav in this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111436658449

Hopefully it works for me too!

That's the one..... FRD03-AUX/S..... They're very hard to find. And you get a radio to boot!!

Just tried to install the adapter today and the radio doesn't show the SAT button. It still has the FM1 and FM2 buttons visible, nothing changed. However, when I plug my phone in, I can faintly hear the music from my phone coming from the back deck. So, I guess you could say it is trying to work. Anyone else have this problem? Am I missing something?

Make sure the plugs are seated completely. What are you using to get the phone signal to the adaptor. FM2 should change to SAT1,2 & 3. You could try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes......

although I have no experience, I also read that maybe disconnecting the battery will force the radio to do a full reboot and maybe discover the adapter.

I am using a rca-to-aux cable to get signal from phone to battery. I also tried reconnecting the battery several times with no luck.

Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't work? Or does it simply not work for some 06 LS's? If I can't get it to work I will sell it on here

I am using a rca-to-aux cable to get signal from phone to battery. ...

I have to say that I don't understand this statement...

Anybody have any ideas as to why it won't work? Or does it simply not work for some 06 LS's? If I can't get it to work I will sell it on here

I have heard that one or two have been able to make this work on an 06 with THX nav. I was not. The closest that I came was to get it to where the iPod would play through the unit and sometimes I would get song text on the display. (Often, it was for a different song than was playing.) I could never get it to control the iPod like it was supposed to. Also, it would lock up every so often and I would have to cycle power to it to get it working again.

Eventually, the radio tuner failed on my THX, so I gave up and replaced it with a JVC unit. To my surprise, it has been as reliable as the factory unit was, both for audio and for navigation. It's much better than the Pioneer that I had put in my 04. The only negative is that is does take a few seconds longer than the THX did to startup.

Oops dont know why i said battery lol. I meant from phone to the adapter. But anyways, how did you get an aftermarket head unit in your 06 w/ nav? I was under the impression that you couldnt do so without modifying the stock harness. If its possible then i have a pioneer double din laying around that i would love to throw in there.

Nice write-up! I will attempt this over christmas break.

Let us know. Reading about Joe doing this is like reading about Oppenheimer building the atomic bomb! Sure the expert can do it, but can I?????? :confused::confused:

Can anybody else read his diagrams? I can't zoom in enough without blurring to read them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back