2006 Cadillac STS-V

Reaction score
i am becoming a bigger Caddy enthusiast as i grow older and i ran across this..

“The highest horsepower Cadillac ever built.”

As part of this so-called renaissance plan, new taglines are emerging, like “fully-integrated performance luxury sedan” and “the highest horsepower Cadillac ever built.” The latter is accurate, the former a perfect example of marketing bull. So, feel free to ignore some of the cow pies in the brochures and keep a few, more tangible thoughts in mind when toying with the idea of owning a 2006 Cadillac STS-V: 469 horsepower, 439 lb.-ft. of torque, hand-stitched leather interior with terrific attention to detail, a long list of standard features (a sunroof delete is the only option), a somewhat stiff but comfortable ride, and the same cornering ability as a BMW M5 for thousands less.

No one says you have to buy it, but you’d be smart to at least consider it.
Standard equipment on the 2006 Cadillac STS-V includes six airbags, StabiliTrak stability control, XM satellite radio, heated front and rear leather seats, automatic leveling HID headlights, voice controls, and touch-screen navigation.

Becoming the proud owner of a 2006 STS-V is as easy as visiting a Cadillac dealer and signing over $77,090, a number that represents the car’s $74,270 base price plus a $720 destination charge and a $2,100 gas guzzler tax. And, apparently, company bean counters calculate that figure to be both profitable and competitive, as the often expensive package list is pared down to just one item – a sunroof delete option that lops $1,200 off the sticker. ‘Yer bare-bones, hot-rodding Caddy now runs $75,890, out the door.

http://www.autoweb.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_int/1234

:cool:

06_Cadillac_STSV_07.jpg

Wait a couple years... Pick one up with low milage for half that $77K price EASY!

Eh, to be honest, the new designs dont impress me much. I like the looks and feel of the last edition of the Seville STS myself. Just wish it wasnt FWD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back