2005 LSE Front bumper covers in ontario?

Marcus101

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently cracked the bottom of my LSE front bumper. It's a minor crack but I can't stand it. Would patching and repainting be cheaper than getting a new bumper?

The gen 1 LSE bumper is worth its weight in gold but not so much the 06 bumper... I bought mine for 125 and it had a tiny crack in it and chrome piece in mint shape. Fixing a bumper cover is easy.

I would love an 06 bumper. It's probably more practical for me to buy the entire car than just the LSE trim pieces lol.

I would love an 06 bumper. It's probably more practical for me to buy the entire car than just the LSE trim pieces lol.

just buy front bumper.. they arent too hard to find as long as its not a gen 1.. my friend ashley is selling hers on ebay right now. just scour the auto wreckers bro.

just buy front bumper.. they arent too hard to find as long as its not a gen 1.. my friend ashley is selling hers on ebay right now. just scour the auto wreckers bro.

These cars are so rare in Nova Scotia. I've searched every junk yard in the province, haven't found a complete Gen2 yet (only half of a totaled one).

I've also never seen an 06 LS in Halifax. People constantly ask me what kind of car I'm driving lol, it's crazy how nobody knows what this thing is. That's part of the reason I'm still so in love with it.

Shipping something like a bumper here would cost hundreds of dollars :(

These cars are so rare in Nova Scotia. I've searched every junk yard in the province, haven't found a complete Gen2 yet (only half of a totaled one).

I've also never seen an 06 LS in Halifax. People constantly ask me what kind of car I'm driving lol, it's crazy how nobody knows what this thing is. That's part of the reason I'm still so in love with it.

Shipping something like a bumper here would cost hundreds of dollars :(
Trust me! I get asked the same question! and the looks I get as if it's a $100,000 car lol. Anyway, my buddy owns a collision shop and does complete body work repairs and painting. He said he would repair both bumpers along with repainting them to match for $750.00! Usually charges $500 per bumper cover lol. Good deal or nah?

That seems steep to me, but I'm the kind of person that likes the opportunity to buy tools and do the work myself lol.

If it's a pro repair job with professional paint and you love the car and can afford it, I'd consider it. There's something to be said for letting the pros handle things.

Post a pic of the damage?

That seems steep to me, but I'm the kind of person that likes the opportunity to buy tools and do the work myself lol.

If it's a pro repair job with professional paint and you love the car and can afford it, I'd consider it. There's something to be said for letting the pros handle things.

Post a pic of the damage?

What do you think ? He is also fixing the area by the broken tail light. I have the replacement parts in the trunk.

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

What about the rear bumper and taillight area? What do you think? $750 total too steep?

I personally wouldnt even pay 500 for it all ... the rear bumper will be tough to get smooth and correct. You could fix the front bumper with some 3M 8115 and pick up a quart of your designated paint color code and some clear and do it your self with a rattle can and a specialized spray gun cap. Thats how I just re did mine. 700 is way too much. your better off holding off on the rear bumper

I personally wouldnt even pay 500 for it all ... the rear bumper will be tough to get smooth and correct. You could fix the front bumper with some 3M 8115 and pick up a quart of your designated paint color code and some clear and do it your self with a rattle can and a specialized spray gun cap. Thats how I just re did mine. 700 is way too much. your better off holding off on the rear bumper
Fair enough. So the rear bumper would be about $500 or so if I do the front myself rough estimate.

Members online

No members online now.
Back