2005 LS V8 upper rad hose (KM-5356) alternatives?

XR$Ti

LVC Member
Reaction score
Did a search and noticed someone had one fabricated but other than that, are there any suitable aftermarket alternatives to the V8 upper rad hose (the KM-5356)?

I've got a 2005 and the OE hose leaked at the seam that runs lengthwise on the plastic interconnect piece. I replaced with a new OEM and it leaked at exactly the same spot within a couple of days.

Here's a pic of the original hose and the seam (lightly sanded) where it and its replacement leaks from.

Any suggestions? I have access locally to the Dayco replacement. Has anyone tried it/is it manufactured any better?

Thanks in advance.

hose2.jpg

hose2.jpg

A new OEM (Ford part number is 3W4Z-8260-BC) hose worked just fine for me. This was years ago and my original had a leak in the same location that you show. Note that all your plastic parts need to be replaced if you haven't already done so (they all fail at close to the same time).

But people don't believe this, think we are putting them on. One guy even suggested we were on commission. LOL

kinda odd that brand new one leaked within a few days, hard to believe but stranger things have happened.

And mine on my 04 leaked in that same spot as well. It's a weak spot and clearly a design flaw.

Well, the probably leaked as soon as it was under enough pressure but I didn't notice for a couple of days (didn't drive it much). I'm going to try another OEM one but hell yeah, it's a design flaw. I put some high-temp epoxy on it and I've been driving with it for the past few months, but it started leaking again so I figured I'd replace it while it's not the middle of winter.

Leaks like that would have to be repaired from the inside, patching on the outside, the outwards pressure just makes it mute. People try to fix basment leaks from the inside by applying gunk on the bricks and it's useless. Hydrostatic negative pressure but you knew that already I'm sure.

Why not just take it back where u got it from and insist on a free replacement?

Bought from a great online vendor and got a full refund for it w/o having to return. Just hoping the new one will last. Any experience with the aftermarket ones?

Just to give an update -- I picked up another OEM hose and it's been a few weeks and no leaks. I guess the first one was a dud.

My first thoughts when I read this were someone sold him a used one. The refund with no return makes me think I was right....

Ford OEM goes back to Ford and they eat the cost. Learned this when I bought 14 bolt packs for my valve covers from a dealer that I couldnt return since they were less than $15 a piece.

I doubt it - it had clean original tags and stickers on it and no indication of clamps.

No return is common when in Canada because shipping costs from the US are so high it's less hassle to send out another unit than refund shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I doubt it - it had clean original tags and stickers on it and no indication of clamps...

I think that the upper and lower hoses that I have bought from Ford came with spring clamps attached and latched open.

^^^^^

YES. +1

When I did my system rebuild... all but a couple of the small hoses had the spring clams glued in place.

As far as the part mentioned... all of the plactic parts are injection molded. I suspect he spot where this part fails is where the plastic is injected into the die,,, leaving slightly thinner material as the plastic cools.

^^^^^

YES. +1

When I did my system rebuild... all but a couple of the small hoses had the spring clams glued in place.

I had a degas bottle hose with excessive amounts of glue holding the clamp on, it would not allow it to unsnap. Out the new bottle came to get it on the bench and free up that spring clamp. Silly Ford.

Members online

No members online now.
Back