2005 LS Misfiring

LSTYLE

LVC Member
Reaction score
So about 2 months ago it was misfiring bad. Replaced faulty coil. Now same problem but not as bad. Mechanic couldn't figure which coil was malfunctioning if any. I was under the impression that once the coil is replaced it should be good for a while. Could it be something else like PCM (Power Control Module)? Any ideas?

Do you have the V6 or the V8?

Depending on which you have, there are six or eight coils, not just one. Replacing one does not mean that any of the other five or seven might not fail soon. In fact, often when one coil fails the others will follow soon. Many of us now go ahead and replace all the coils when one starts to fail.

Anyway, if you have a 2005 V8 with less than 100K miles, your local dealer with find and replace the faulty coil(s) at no charge to you. If you have over 100K miles, or yours is a V6, you are on your own.

While you are in there, you should also replace the plugs. Always replace a plug when you replace a coil.

Thanks to the recall I'm halfway there. Dealer has replaced COP 7 and 8 last month, and 1 and 3 last week. They won't swap them all without a code failure so now I'm waiting for the remaining 4 to give up the ghost. At least its covered though!

I wish I new about the recall before I started paying for mine out of pocket. Pretty sure between the previous owner and I they've all been replaced. Did for myself, would have been nice for them to be free. :(

Members online

Back