2005 lincoln ls v8 harmonic balancer

sleeperLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I had to replace my harmonic balancer on my old ls which had gotten toataled a few months ago. I picked the part up at a junk yard from a gen 2 ls. Now on my new ls the harmonic balancer is dancing And is causing my water pump to make noise and is about to wear out. I went back to the same junk yard and they only had gen 1 ls's. Can I used the harmonic balancer from a gen 1 on my gen 2?

I assume we are talking about the V8.
The short answer is: Not any gen I, but several of them.
2000 to May 2001 are one part number, and May 2001 to 2006 are another. I don't know what changed, but it is probably related to the timing chain / oil pump changes.

@joegr Did you ever replace your harmonic balancer? I vaguely remember seeing that the one on either your 04 or 06 is already semi-funky.

@joegr Did you ever replace your harmonic balancer? I vaguely remember seeing that the one on either your 04 or 06 is already semi-funky.

It's the one on my 06 (the 04 is fine). No, I'm playing with fire and haven't done it yet. It's only a problem when it's cold, and it's rarely cold here.

It's the one on my 06 (the 04 is fine). No, I'm playing with fire and haven't done it yet. It's only a problem when it's cold, and it's rarely cold here.
I think my 06 is having the same issue. Ford wants an insane amount of money for a new one though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back