2005 Lincoln LS OBDII code B1262 B1263

UltimateLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Having problems with air temp in the car staying warm/hot and not changing the temp on the dual climate control driver side. Ive changed the heater control valve already (DCCV).:eek::confused: The temp # decreases as i change it, but temp stays warm/hot. Any ideas of what the problem is, or has anyone encountered this problem. Either i have purchased a bad DCCV?

I put an aftermarket DCCV in (all I could get that day), and it started going hot after a couple of months. I now have a Motorcraft one in and all is well. Is the air heated, or just not cooled? How is the passenger side doing? Do you get really cold air at first start up? Does it cool while driving, but not while still?

Those two codes are for air door servos. If you have real issues there (and not just temporary intermittent faults), then it will affect where the air comes out, but not the temperature of the air.

The dccv valve (aftermarket) I brought turned out to be defective. I did system self check code 2797. And checked the resistance. This one goes out I will be getting OEM.

Members online

Back