2005+ Caddy CTS 3.6L VVT 6spd Durability/Reliability

CTX-SLPR

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I like the styling, performance stuff on the Luxury Sport model, power and mileage ratio, and of course the 6spd stick offered on the 2005+ CTS.
I'm going to test drive one when I can find the time, but I want to know now how well it will hold up as these cars don't exactly have the worlds greatest reliability record by word of mouth and I've heard stories about leaking diffs and stuff falling off. I need this car to last 4yrs without doing things like my Regal did like busting a tranny or slowly shredding every tensioner and idler pulley on the engine. I can do most maintenance work myself and I do like to go for OEM parts over parts store stuff. I use only Mobile 1 full synthetic in my drivers aswell with a 3500-4500mile change interval with matching K&N or Mobile 1 filters. How durable is this car going to be for me and is it going to leave me replacing a tranny or diff or something else big in the next 3-4yrs? I need the straight skinny folks and I'll be asking the same for the cars major competator for my daily driver dollar, a Lincoln LS V6. It has slightly less power, requires premium, has an automatic, and barely lower on the freeway mileage. However it does have a longer track record and more time for Ford to debug it and has a better "word of mouth" reputation.

Thanks,

Members online

No members online now.
Back