2004 town car overheating..

j_boogeytc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Need help fast.. 04 town car ultimate radiator fan not turning on, car starts to overheat... Started a few days ago, then all of a sudden today turned on..worked fine all day even with ac on then jus now bout to go to store and fan not spinning anymore.. Checked the fuse and looked good even swapped it with only other 50amp fuse and still nothing. Running out of ideas and Is my daily driver need help fast thanks!

Yes it spins freely, no blockage if any sort! It getting power all the way to where the harnesses connect... Im thinkin maybe the little silver box on fan has a relay of sum sort?

does it start up shortly after you switch the AC on?

I was told that was a good test

I had the fan **** out on my 03 Marauder. I replaced it and it solved the problem.
Check the silver diode too. It prevents reverse current flow from the fan "windmilling", if you will.
Check your relays, and swap them out too, just to be sure.

-ryan s.

Yup, my original fan died at about 210,000 miles. I bought one at the junkyard for $30 and no problem. They also have aftermarkets ones on ebay for around $70 shipped.

Go by your local auto parts store and have them run an OBDII diag to see what is broke. If it's he fan, it will show up.

Need help fast.. 04 town car ultimate radiator fan not turning on, car starts to overheat... Started a few days ago, then all of a sudden today turned on..worked fine all day even with ac on then jus now bout to go to store and fan not spinning anymore.. Checked the fuse and looked good even swapped it with only other 50amp fuse and still nothing. Running out of ideas and Is my daily driver need help fast thanks!

Members online

Back