2004 navi/ problems installing after market stereo due to wiring harness, help!!!!!!!

Gerardojj

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Im trying to install a kenwood ddx470 stereo and my navigator comes with a soundmark system with oem navigation not thx but so far the wiring harnesses that i have bought only turn the stereo on but no sound comes thru the speakers, also, i have 3 nore connections that are not being hooked up and they seem to run down to an amp and the navigation player, metraonline.com sold me the 70-1776 wiring harness and nothing fits anymore, if anybody knows what im doing wrong please let me know, i have had this navigator in pieces for 3 days and i need to get it done, thanx guys

These is what it looks like

image.jpg

image.jpg

I bypassed the amp.

If you look at the amp under the stereo there are 2 plugs, the one on the passenger side is direct wires to the speakers. I just ran my speaker wires form the stereo and it sounds great, When I figure out the other wires I will post them.

Yeah bud i had to route the wires manually, i only used the 12 volt and ground plug from metra, the rest i did manually with a chart i found on the web that tells you what color goes with what for speakers then find the turn on wire for the stock amp, its super loud after that so new door speakers may be installed.

If you look at the amp under the stereo there are 2 plugs, the one on the passenger side is direct wires to the speakers. I just ran my speaker wires form the stereo and it sounds great, When I figure out the other wires I will post them.

BollaWalker, did you run the speaker wires into the amp and bypassed the harness speaker connection? I'm trying to figure this out myself. I have a 2006 Navigatior THX/GPS system and don't know how to get sound to my aftermarket stereo. I suppose when you bypass the amp, the OEM sub doesn't work anymore, correct?

Thanks

I ran the speaker wires

BollaWalker, did you run the speaker wires into the amp and bypassed the harness speaker connection? I'm trying to figure this out myself. I have a 2006 Navigatior THX/GPS system and don't know how to get sound to my aftermarket stereo. I suppose when you bypass the amp, the OEM sub doesn't work anymore, correct?

Thanks

I ran the speaker wires from the stereo directly to the wires to the speakers using the plug from the factory amp, I added a amp from the stereo VIA rca wires sub out and ran good speaker wires to the factory sub. I also replaced the sub speaker with a Kenwood 8" shallow subwoofer.
PS: Kenwood makes an amp that is a 5 channel the fits where the factory amp is under the stereo that works awesome, Model # XR900-5

Mine is a 2004 Aviator with the THX sound and Nav. I was able to use this diagram to figure out what wires I needed to connect to. Itis not an exact diagram for my system but there is enough information to get the head unit working if you are not concerned with the rear DVD payer. I was able to tie pre amp outputs of an android head unit into the factory wires and the whole system sounds great through the factory amps. I tied the two amp wires together, they are just activation wires for the regular and sub amps. Rather than chop the harness I tore the original non-working head unit apart and de sodered the connector that has all of the speaker wires coming off of it and sodered wires onto the pins in the back. I am not sure that it was worth the effort but the end result is great. Just remember that the speakers need to be hooked up preamp on the head unit if you are wanting to preserve the factory amps, which sound great for what it is worth.

navipinouts.jpg

Mine is a 2004 Aviator with the THX sound and Nav. I was able to use this diagram to figure out what wires I needed to connect to. Itis not an exact diagram for my system but there is enough information to get the head unit working if you are not concerned with the rear DVD payer. I was able to tie pre amp outputs of an android head unit into the factory wires and the whole system sounds great through the factory amps. I tied the two amp wires together, they are just activation wires for the regular and sub amps. Rather than chop the harness I tore the original non-working head unit apart and de sodered the connector that has all of the speaker wires coming off of it and sodered wires onto the pins in the back. I am not sure that it was worth the effort but the end result is great. Just remember that the speakers need to be hooked up preamp on the head unit if you are wanting to preserve the factory amps, which sound great for what it is worth.

View attachment 828573119
hello is there away i can get those images to read the text better

Hello so I hook all wires but had a question
Did you use any resistors what I’m having is a lot of static when I hook up the power amp on wire. It’s not the Sub rca it’s just the door speakers. Any idea

Members online

Back