2004 ls

Alanslse

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this Audio stuff, and I have an 04 LS.... I'm installing a double din on my own... How do I know if my car has an amp or not.. I"m stuck on which harness to order!!???

Thanks in advance!!!!!!! Great site!!

If you have THX navigation, then you have two factory amplifiers, one for the door speakers, and one for the sub-woofers.

If you have speaker grills on both sides of your center console, then you have two amplifiers, one for the center imagining speakers and one for the sub-woofers.

If you don't have navigation and you don't have center console speakers, then (for gen II) you don't have any external amplifiers. If you're still not sure, then look in the trunk under the package shelf. If you do have sub-woofers, they will be there as well as the amplifier for them.

I don't have factory Nav... I do have two grill on each side of my center console!!! My sound does have a little bump... so I guess I need the expensive harness!!!!

Thanks...

I don't have factory Nav... I do have two grill on each side of my center console!!! My sound does have a little bump... so I guess I need the expensive harness!!!!

Thanks...

Be careful there. The expensive harness is likely for the factory nav option. You need a harness with two connectors (one large and one small) for the car side. The small one should have two RCA plugs and two single wires coming out. The big one should be a bunch of wires with no RCAs.

Members online

Back