2004 Ls V8 leaking from thermostat housing

LuiV11

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help. I have 2004 V8. I got oil in the coolant. Found the seal on the oil cooler went bad. Replaced that. Trying to flush the oil out of cooling system. The throttle body heater hose blows out. I pulled the intake replaced the hose and got a new thermostat housing cap. Put it all back together. Run it. Smokes like hell but clears up. Now the car is running. Coolant appears to be flowing but the thermostat housing is leaking from the little port under the cap. Like I said I replaced the cap. Only because the cap was busted but I’m still spraying hot coolant all over out of this port. I’m lost right now. I’m thinking it’s stil the oil cream blocking a port or a hose. Idk where am I going from here. It’s just pouring out of this hole. Why is that and how do I fix it?

You're no different than most of the rest of us. Your cooling system plastics (all of them) are now degraded to the point that they have all failed or will fail very soon. Sorry, but you will have to replace all of them. The people who fight this diagnosis pay way more in the end than if they had just accepted it and done it.

GenII LS8 Cooling System Overhaul
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual

Joegr say it ain’t so. I been reading threads hoping that my problem would be a lil different. Is it possible I could do this myself. I’ve had trouble finding a lot of these parts. Do you think it would be better to take it to a shop. It’s my daily driver n it hasn’t been driving for a month. I need it bac on the road.

Personally, if you can do it, I think it is better to do it yourself. Note that you will have to remove and reinstall the intake manifold. You do need a torque wrench for that.
Stay away from aftermarket.
FordPartsGiant is a good parts source.
Jaguar parts places sell several of the main parts as a complete set (including gaskets) for a good price. I haven't tried it, but I suspect they will fit the LS okay.

Thats understandable. Yea I figured that. Smh I just got done putting this shit bac together because the throttlebody heater hose busted on me. And I couldn’t find that hose. So I got some cheap little rubber hose on it. I’m goin to price all these parts and see what the damage is. I just wish I would of known or thought of replacing it all. Haven’t had the car a year yet n I replaced the water pump, 2 thermostat housings, throttlebody heater hose, radiator, and the ac compressors. Lol and the trans just started doing some funky stuff. Shifting hard in every gear. I been so busy workin on this problem. I haven’t even looked into that. It’s goin to be a long ride with this car.

A0D7BD36-8DE5-4D73-B219-CDE2BF9D1D38.jpeg

DA7DDBA8-CE67-4709-A124-D8B98DCB7587.jpeg

0F32FF86-B973-40CE-9566-9E56603C1C72.jpeg

Members online

Back