2004 ls air conditioner

fb2000hd

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone.
I have a dilemma . My 2004 LS doesn't cool properly. I have taken to 2 reputable mechanic shops and they don't know what is wrong. Here is the issue . Everything seems to work switches, heater control module, compressor , full of freon, etc... so what is the issue. When the ac is on the compressor works and then stops and works etc... it just cycles on and off every 30 seconds and doesn't allow enough time to cool the car inside. Any thoughts or same issues from someone ????

If they have really checked everything else, then it is probably the evaporator temperature sensor. If it is, you can unplug it, and it will go to working. You still need to replace it, because without it, the evaporator will freeze up after a while.

If they have really checked everything else, then it is probably the evaporator temperature sensor. If it is, you can unplug it, and it will go to working. You still need to replace it, because without it, the evaporator will freeze up after a while.
thanks so much for the information. can you tell me the location or where i can find a diagram of how to replace this switch?

Under the dash on the driver's side part way up on the center stack. It's white, and you can only see the connector part of it, till you twist it out. There are two more of the same sensor (driver and passenger discharge sensor) down just below the carpet on each side of the center stack, if you want to look at one before you go after the evap sensor up higher. It's not too hard to get to.

There are 3 of these sensors in your system. Pretty easy and cheap to change but hard to see or get to.

See my thread on the S-Type Jaguar forum for detailed info about the sensor and where it is.
Evap Sensors

I have seen this on overcharged systems as well, but usually it is a shorter duration of compressor run time before the high limit switch opens.

Is this the original compressor, it may be signaling that it needs to be replaced.

Members online

Back