2004 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate Gray - Price in 2022?

theg1ft

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Interested what you would ballpark the value of this 2004 LS V8 ultimate sport at these days in this used car market?

Very clean with the following exceptions:
1) Thermostat needs replaced
2) Hard shift in lower gear (1 to 2), the 5r55s transmission total rebuild/upgrade was applied in 2017 but got hard shifts in low gears in late 2019.

166k miles, 69k of them between 2016 and 2021 under my ownership. I'm the third owner.

Noteworthy part replacements, etc:
Brand new snow tires on rear ( less than 500 miles on them)
Decent tires on front (50k miles with medium tread wear)
Always used Merc V for transmission fluid changes, always used full synthetic for motor oil.

All brand new/relatively new (less then 40k mi) suspension components front and back (new front struts, new front coils, rear sway bar links less than 40k mi, lateral toe adjust on rear less than 40k mi, wheel hubs / bearings on front less than 30k mi on them)
Brand new alternator with less than 500 mi on it
Brand new window motor and regulator on driver side front door.
Brakes and rotors in good shape.

NGK Irridium IX installed in 2016 with 60k mi on them

And you should take that, as I think that is more than most would give, even without the cooling system and transmission problems.
I'm seeing LSs on Facebook with similar mileage for 3-5k right now, it's crazy what used cars are going for today.

I'm seeing LSs on Facebook with similar mileage for 3-5k right now, it's crazy what used cars are going for today.
Anyone that pays that much for one of these cars is smoking crack unless maybe it's super low miles and everything already fixed. Most parts are only available at junkyards anymore and good luck finding a mechanic to even work on it, they can't get new parts and most don't wanna fuck around with junkyard parts I've found out trying to fix up my 2003. Lucky i only paid 1000 for the POS but I'm up to about 8k in repairs now and hassle trying to find parts, still missing a few, i shoulda quit long ago, ha!

I'm sure the car needs a complete coolant overhaul and the transmission should not be acting up after a rebuild...I have no idea if he used upgraded parts but even so the transmission should not be acting up only two years after a rebuild if done properly...my transmission after my rebuild has been performing better and better every year...without a picture it's hard to say ...but even if the tranny and coolant system was properly implemented I would say it's worth no more than $3000 in the midwest and that is if the body has no rust and interior is in good condition

Condition and location is everything. I paid this for mine back in 2012. Mine had same miles back then as this one.

Screenshot_20220429-095653.png

Last edited:
but even if the tranny and coolant system was properly implemented I would say it's worth no more than $3000 in the midwest and that is if the body has no rust and interior is in good condition

Yup... and as said above... if it has cooling system issues, replacing the t-stat housing isn't gonna fix it. $1000 to replace the whole cooling system will.

New suspension parts don't mean much if they are aftermarket. New OEM parts would increase the value some... but there is still the issue of "diminished returns"

My LS needs a few "bugs worked out" since i have over 250kmiles on it. But I'll do the same to it that I have done to my 1995 F150. Drive it till the wheels fall off... and when they do, put them back on and keep driving it till it quits.

I paid around 36K for my 2006 in 2006. It was 48K, but there were a total of 12K in rebates, some of which because they were closing LS out. I think I paid slightly more for the 2004 (fewer rebates then).

Anyone that pays that much for one of these cars is smoking crack unless maybe it's super low miles and everything already fixed. Most parts are only available at junkyards anymore and good luck finding a mechanic to even work on it, they can't get new parts and most don't wanna fuck around with junkyard parts I've found out trying to fix up my 2003. Lucky i only paid 1000 for the POS but I'm up to about 8k in repairs now and hassle trying to find parts, still missing a few, i shoulda quit long ago, ha!

Yup... and as said above... if it has cooling system issues, replacing the t-stat housing isn't gonna fix it. $1000 to replace the whole cooling system will.

New suspension parts don't mean much if they are aftermarket. New OEM parts would increase the value some... but there is still the issue of "diminished returns"

My LS needs a few "bugs worked out" since i have over 250kmiles on it. But I'll do the same to it that I have done to my 1995 F150. Drive it till the wheels fall off... and when they do, put them back on and keep driving it till it quits.

You're up against the world today with this car in terms or parts availability, price and finding anyone halfway competent to work on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back