2004 lincoln ls v8 parting out

Looks like this without the cover. I found out the cover needs to be cut off and then the new cover carefully replaced.

ash tray.jpg

Does car have small plastic "air bag" plastic tags about 1 inch long and 1/3 inch tall in headliner just above front seat back on each side of headliner? Actually seems hard to see small plastic part unless missing. But anyway would like both sides if can find way to remove (not sure if clip on or ? attach and would be willing to just take "air bag" tags even if attachment to headliner clip or ?? is broken. Just let me know how much if have and shipped to 48604. I know is small part but Ford part can not be bought. "Air Bag" tags show in parts catalog as part of entire replacement headliner only. I have hole in headliner from one that was removed before bought car. Would like to fill hole with correct part if can find. I am asking for two (both sides) as not sure what color your headliner is. Mine is light tan or "stone" color and silver cars are usually black. Let me know if can not find and will try to get picture of one that is still in place and show spot where other is missing. Let me know if interested in removing parts, color of same, and total price shipped to zip 48604 for two please.
Thanks, wes b.
I am sure that two plastic tags that are 1"X1/3" are not high on the list of things to find but really would like to find those plastic tags on headliner above the seat back and front window and fasten into headliner. I could really use front grill as well but looks as if your grill is damaged. If not am interested in all three parts. Just send me PM or note of any type that do not have any plastic tags in headliner that say "AIR BAG" in raised letters. If grill is good and plastic bottom fittings are undamaged as well as top nut posts should fit perfect. Any verification that you have this replay to myself repeating what I need would be appreciated. Thanks much for time and effort. Thanks Again and will pay good value for parts. Please include color also, will be light stone or charcoal. Thanks Wes B.

Does anyone know about possible differences in the rear axle assemblies for Gen I and Gen II---including mounting cradle? If they're the same, and what you have is undamaged and the price is right I might be prepared to come get it from Detroit area.

KS

Does anyone know about possible differences in the rear axle assemblies for Gen I and Gen II---including mounting cradle? If they're the same, and what you have is undamaged and the price is right I might be prepared to come get it from Detroit area.

KS

I remember looking at swapping Gen 1 diffs into Gen 2s to put LSDs in and it only took the full diff assembly (no one mentioned swapping cradles) and the drive axles. The Gen 2 uses a more offset input shaft and has unequal length shafts. I don't think anyone has fit a TracLok into a Gen 2 carrier, hence the Gen 1 conversion

Ah yes---It comes back to me.

I have developed a way of swapping major components when doing that sort of work. Mostly I do an entire assembly so, just as I'll do the engine/transmission by having everything together in such a way as to raise it all up in one piece using my spare front cradle, I'll do the rear the same way. The post above was because I didn't pause to collect what I know.

Thanks!

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back