2004 Lincoln LS electronic parking brake issues

Mattmatt

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2004 Lincoln LS. It's a 6 cylinder. I was wiring this wire from the radio to the parking brake like I was supposed to. And out of the back of the clip then goes to the parking brake the wires came out I need to know the pin out and see what which wire goes where. can anybody help?

Yeah. it doesn't work that way. I assume you were looking for a signal that is grounded when the parking brake is applied. The LS has no such signal. You may have to rig a manual switch, or do a parking brake bypass for the aftermarket radio.

Which connector did you mess up?
The one that goes to the parking brake? That one is in the trunk at the parking brake electronic module on the driver's side side wall, near the brake lights.
The one at the parking brake actuator? That one is under the car at the rear axle.
The one at the parking brake set/release switch? That one is in the floor console.

Again, none of these have the signal that you need. I'm very curious as to how you were going to hook anything up without the pin-out that you say you need...

I have the pin-outs, but I have to scan in a printed copy, so let me know which connector so that I don't waste time on the other ones.

Yeah. it doesn't work that way. I assume you were looking for a signal that is grounded when the parking brake is applied. The LS has no such signal. You may have to rig a manual switch, or do a parking brake bypass for the aftermarket radio.

Which connector did you mess up?
The one that goes to the parking brake? That one is in the trunk at the parking brake electronic module on the driver's side side wall, near the brake lights.
The one at the parking brake actuator? That one is under the car at the rear axle.
The one at the parking brake set/release switch? That one is in the floor console.

Again, none of these have the signal that you need. I'm very curious as to how you were going to hook anything up without the pin-out that you say you need...

I have the pin-outs, but I have to scan in a printed copy, so let me know which connector so that I don't waste time on the other ones.
Is the connector that goes to this parking brake switch in the center console. I need to pin out for that connector that goes to the switch.
16626953775905168025277890214535.jpg

1662731663904.png
1662731677986.png

Note that (4 On indicator) is incorrectly labeled. It is actually the EPB malfunction indicator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back