2004 Lincoln ls, COP fuse #12 keeps blowing out.

Peter sosa

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just bought a 04 Lincoln ls v8, drove good for about 500 miles or so, but shut off on me and won't start. I found fuse #12 under the hood blown so I bought and replaced, turned car on idles for about 3 seconds then blows it again. I bought cop's and started to replace them and noticed 2 back coils had rust down where the spark plugs goes, on passenger side and last one in back on driver side. I systematically tested each coil in and out with a new one and still blows fuse Everytime. I'm a little frustrated at the moment since I spent everything I had on this car and need it for work. Can anyone help?? It's an 04 v8 with 93k miles

You are making the assumption that you have only one shorted coil. I'm willing to bet that you have multiple bad coils, but it could still be that your short is elsewhere.
The LS is real picky about coils. You need to buy eight new Motorcraft coils (about $50 each), and eight new NGK spark plugs. Be sure to set each gap to 1.0mm exactly. Plugs have to be changed at the same time as the coils.
You need to check the wiring to the coils. A wire has probably been pinched somewhere or chafed enough to rub the insulation off and let it short when the engine starts shaking a little.

I did buy all coils just went one by one testing out to see if I could find the bad one. Thank you tomorrow u will buy all I need and will begin whole process

Members online

Back