2004 Headlights

GWL

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a set of 2004 LS Headlight Assembly's available for sale as I installed HIDs recently. Make $85 each plus shipping or best offer.

Lights 2.jpg

Do you know if these will swap in my 2000?? I need to replace one anyway and had already been thinking about changing the style.

beboswell said:
Do you know if these will swap in my 2000?? I need to replace one anyway and had already been thinking about changing the style.

Not without some modifications. The 03+ style requires a different support bar and connectors. Ken (Grayghost1) at LSkoncepts.com has the parts and can explain the process.

This is a bump from a while ago, rather than re-listing the headlights again.

what did you replace them with? OE hid's? any problems with the high beams?

I could not order my LSE with HID lights as it was not an option. I ordered the factory HID units and replaced the standard units as soon as they were in my hands. The Factory units were a remove & replace operation with no wiring modifications needed.

I did the same thing with my 05 LSE....im from canada so i should have daytime running lights....i dont and i dont have any high beams....one worked intermittently for a few days now its gone....its not the bulbs.... do you remember shaving the light grey connector? The original housings had black connections secured with 4 torx head screws....i was thinking of taking the black off the original and swapping it with the grey....i dont care about the running lights...however i do want do some high beams.....you had no issues?

I did the same thing with my 05 LSE....im from canada so i should have daytime running lights....i dont and i dont have any high beams....one worked intermittently for a few days now its gone....its not the bulbs.... do you remember shaving the light grey connector? The original housings had black connections secured with 4 torx head screws....i was thinking of taking the black off the original and swapping it with the grey....i dont care about the running lights...however i do want do some high beams.....you had no issues?
No, I did not have to change anything to make the factory HIDs work. I am not sure that your problem is related to the HID headlight units as the control for the daytime running lights is in the main computer's programing. People in Canada who buy US versions have to go to a Canadian Dealer and pay an exorbitant fee to have their computers re-programed. The HIDs are low beam and should have come on after the car started. It may be related to the delay that HID headlights have after being turned on. Maybe the headlight circuit to the HIDs is being messed up during the start cycle, I just don't know. I could be very wrong here, but it is my understanding that the wiring is the same on Canadian car and daytime running lights are only influenced by the computer. As far as high beams are concerned, I can see no reason that they do not work unless their fuse is blown somehow. Note that I have an 04 and there may be changes on the 05 that I am not aware.

New Price

I have a set of 2004 LS Headlight Assembly's available for sale as I installed HIDs recently. Make $85 each plus shipping or best offer.
Please note
new price $75 ea, $150 set + shipping:)

Hey George, I'm debating putting in a set of HID lights in my 04 as well. However, due to the high cost of the OEM lights I was looking at an aftermarket set. The question I have for you is this:
Were you able to tell any physical differences between the two housings? Specifically in the reflective backing on the light or on the shield in front of the 'bulb'??
Others have said that due to the differences between halogen bulbs and HID units there must be a difference in the reflector to produce the correct light pattern.
Any thoughts?

Hey George, I'm debating putting in a set of HID lights in my 04 as well. However, due to the high cost of the OEM lights I was looking at an aftermarket set. The question I have for you is this:
Were you able to tell any physical differences between the two housings? Specifically in the reflective backing on the light or on the shield in front of the 'bulb'??
Others have said that due to the differences between halogen bulbs and HID units there must be a difference in the reflector to produce the correct light pattern.
Any thoughts?
I could not see the differences. You would have to break open the light unit to measure each reflector to see if the curve was different. Each of the little facets on the reflector could be focused slightly differently. But I do not remember any major differences in appearance. :)

I am still looking for an extra set. $150 shipped?

Sorry, shipping is a killer on these. I priced UPS for just 600miles and it was over $22. Between PayPal fees and shipping this is as low as I can go.:( Too bad you don't live in Knoxeville or Memphis as I am driving through on Thursday.

$191 Shipped anywhere in Continental USA. Might be less if close.

Headlights (7).JPG

Do these fog up at all? I'm in Springfield MO..
Nope, these are the 03+ design and did not have that problem. If you are interested and are in the area you could save a lot on shipping.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back